1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Extreme client side lag

Discussion in 'Forever Stranded' started by alven4, May 23, 2017.

1. alven4

alven4 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:32 PM
    When I try to play on server or local world, game lags so badly that it is nearly impossible to do anything (Not even the menu during game reacts properly and it is useless).
    I barely managed to turn down the Weather2 settings to minimum, I have Optifine installed with minimal settings, 4 GB max RAM allocated (8 GB on my machine), 2 GB minimum and it still keeps lagging.
    I am using HP ProBook 6360b with Intel HD 3000 graphics and RAM upgraded to dual channel 8 GB (2x4 GB).

Can someone please help?

2. Matryoshika

Matryoshika Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Intel HD 3000 is an integrated graphics card. Sadly, since Minecraft 1.8 and it's rendering re-work (notably the model baking), IGC's have become notoriously bad to run Minecraft with (not that they weren't bad before that).

I can however recommend that you try FoamFix. It's a memory optimization mod (might seem like something unrelated, but as said, Minecraft 1.8 and above bakes all models on startup, and keeps them in memory.) FoamFix speeds up loading times, as well as cleaning up the large chunk of data that is sent to the GPU (your IGC, in this case) every now-and-then.
    Try the anarchy version first. It optimizes a bit more hardcore, but the ways it does so can cause issues.
    If the Anarchy version crashes, try the Lawful version. It's not as effective, as it has to do it's optimizations in a 'stately fashion'.
    (and yes, the official homepage is incredibly bad, but the mod works.)

3. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    FoamFix is included in ForeverStranded pack already, betterFPS or Optifine is nice addition - myselfs i had 1-2 fps on single and sever but after installing this 2 i have ~60 fps. Maybe optifine causes problems but when it works it does miracles with fps

4. alven4

alven4 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I installed Optifine and BetterFPS, removed optifine config files and set them up back properly and everything is working good now. I have 40 - 60 FPS now. Marking as done.