1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feedback thread for GS2 alpha testers

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by caithleen, Feb 22, 2017.

1. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:09 PM
    wait I missed an update?!

2. caithleen

caithleen Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    2:09 AM
    In the convo. I hope my 1800X replacment goes fast ... then ill push t2 content this weekend finally.

3. WikidSick

WikidSick Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:09 AM
    What is GS2

4. wyndman

Local Time:
    Caithleen can you push the updates through curse?

5. caithleen

caithleen Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    I would have to make it public i think. And thats too early. Also lockdown and some other configs need to be in place for that and a world reset ;)

6. wyndman

Local Time:
    The metal caster appears to be uncraftable. Not sure if this is intentional and I should be searching for it or not.

7. caithleen

caithleen Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    Humm, Metal Caster looks fine for me, the auto caster is blocked and will be removed, thoo

Attached Files:

8. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Would be nice if you can un-own those turrets. ^^

9. wyndman

Local Time:
    I should say the recipe isn't in NEI, silly me.

10. caithleen

caithleen Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    Humm, that screenshot was nei -> caster -> r :D

11. wyndman

Local Time:
    Might be me then getting weird issues. I just had my auto sieve quit for no apparent reason, reloading scripts and the client didn't help. Tried putting another one too nothing seems to get that little guy to sieve anymore.

12. caithleen

caithleen Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    Strange ... if you find the bug I would be interested :)

13. Kronnn

Kronnn Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:09 AM
    NVM, found the answer in here :p

14. caithleen

caithleen Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    Fixed in next build, also decomposing liquids will come back but needs some tweaking first ;)[DOUBLEPOST=1488622506,1488616294][/DOUBLEPOST]Im thinking about dropping the metal caster in favour of liquid metal->decomposer. Any thoughts on this?

15. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    5:09 PM
    would prefer to keep both, as both are quite useful.

16. Raetac

Raetac New Member

Local Time:
    9:39 AM
    So gaining Clay in the lastest update for a fresh game is big problem

17. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    idk why but whenever i load GS2 my computer's cpu usage skyrockets >.<

not entirely certain why. i dug around, tried closing some applications and updating java. hmm.

18. caithleen

caithleen Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    7 clay have been added to the me ;)

Hum, never experienced that. Could you try to disable the unifier mod and retry?

19. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    will do when i get home.[DOUBLEPOST=1489434837,1489432654][/DOUBLEPOST]also, caith, i kinda figured a new title screen background would be nifty. something space-like. there is a way to make animated backgrounds with the mod that controls title screens and such.

Making Animated Backgrounds | Feed the Beast

20. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    sorry for the delayed response on that, caith. it would appear that disabling Unifier did not adversely affect fps. changing over to peaceful did relieve a few frames, however. maybe tone down mob spawn rates?[DOUBLEPOST=1489557906][/DOUBLEPOST]PS: i'm installing fastcraft to see if that helps.

dunno, forgot the specs on my pc but they've been just perfect for handling every other modpack i've played. not ready to give up yet :p[DOUBLEPOST=1489558351,1489557849][/DOUBLEPOST]yeah, re-enabled Unifier and installed fastcraft, the pack ran smoothly with over 20-50fps. i'd advise having it in by default. or at least making it an option. idk if i'm the only one having this fps problem doe...[DOUBLEPOST=1489562260][/DOUBLEPOST]So, I made a few notes on the pack so far. Maybe increase the bonemeal drop rates just a TEENCY bit? I've sieved over 4 stacks of moon stone and only got 1. I should really stop being nooby tbh.
    also, the laser turrets that came pre-equipped with the base are not "actually" there. they're invisible. dunno, just a thought.

remember, constructive criticism.

that aside, loving the pack so far. if i had a quest book of my own irl i'd probably beat myself upside the head with it a few times because i'm stumbling over noob mistake after noob mistake on things i should know. woot.[DOUBLEPOST=1489562360][/DOUBLEPOST]also just noticed the drop rates for ice and diamond are 0% but i got some of those resources anyway. aren't i lucky?? lol.[DOUBLEPOST=1489562620][/DOUBLEPOST]at this point this comment seems to be me ranting on the small details at this point. i did notice the poor man in the sieve was sieving moon copper when he was sieving moon stone.[DOUBLEPOST=1489563007][/DOUBLEPOST]the same appears to happen with moon dirt. just a heads up. dunno how much of these bugs i've pointed out that you can change. just saying they exist.[DOUBLEPOST=1489564144][/DOUBLEPOST]also, i'd love it if you added this mod. it seems appropriate. one use for it is it integrates with galacticraft's oxygen/rocket fuel systems. #Mekanism. please. i beg of you.

pls.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017