1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Global MyM's

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by bobthepig2, Mar 9, 2015.

1. bobthepig2

bobthepig2 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:11 AM
    Is it possible that we can get global MyM's? or is there something that prevents this?

2. Adrianfish

Adrianfish Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:11 PM
    if something like this were to happen the whole ecomity of the whole server i think would just crumble. since people that play a lot of modpacks would have easy 100k and could do whatever they want on any server. and then people that play longe get a lot more money. so then new people would have a harder time on servers since they cant buy things since prices would be a lot higher.

also then some servers would go bankrupt and others would have tons of money in it. since some people say played ones modpack and had 10k on it but moved to another spent that 10k and went back all that money would have been transfered.

and with server that reset also myms get reset and if that didnt happen people would be rich on a brand new world and something like that shouldnt happen.

i dont know if that would be good idea, it would be nice but i dont think that it would help out the server much.

3. bobthepig2

Local Time:
    Well, Did not think of that.

4. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    8:11 PM
    chugga_fan likes this.
  5. Lawmonark

Lawmonark Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    While cross Economy is a bad idea.....
    What about the ability to buy certain "kits" for MyMs that you can carry over to a new server....

Lets say you have 50k on TDT but what to go to DW20, What if you could turn those MyMs into Credit.... lets say 500, then be able to buy a Ticon kit or something on DW20.

If this is possible, there would need to be a "cap" like max you can buy/trade is 100k MyMs for 1.000 Credits on any 1 server.

Again just an idea but it rewards players that been around and play on all the servers of the net work.

*Prices above are examples and would need to be judged by the Richest/ average bank rolls on each server.

Mijikai and Adrianfish like this.
  6. Adrianfish

Local Time:
    i do like the idea but it would really need to be end game. so like only people that have played for a long peroid of time and got a good amount of myms would be able to get kits. and this would make a purpose for people at end game to still collect myms because most people stop.

7. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    only throwing in that more purpose for extreme richness = deeper prices = quicker expansion of new players = higher increase of machinery = lag
    (If I consider how many hours of playtime I skipped with just 500 MyM's -> drum of exp, dozen's of stacks of enderpearls, blaze rods...)

Just something small to keep in mind. (We do worse with the linked inventories between the servers.)

8. Mijikai

Mijikai Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:11 PM
    imo, I'd say that's about accurate.
    Most servers /money top is usually 5o-70k so, I'd assume that maybe instead of 500, it could be 250.

Either way though, I really love this idea, really love this idea.

9. Fousicek

Fousicek Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Guys are we talking about minecraft ? Bcs this is supposed to be mine your mind, so why to make a quick progresion and not have the fun from playing the game ? And then if you like playeng why not to to donate, in case you can afford it.

JacaRoe likes this.
  10. Adrianfish

Local Time:
    well that is true that you do want to mast the modpack and by that time you can aford it but there are some ways that this could become a good thing. one is that if you beat a modpack and you move on to another you dont always want to do all that little extra work to get started in a mod. so you can go to the last modpack you played cash in your myms for credits (like 1000 myms for 10 credits) and be able to get a starter back. now these pack are just for saving time like getting you started not for any items or nothing and its a one time use. this makes it so that people want to move from other modpack since they technically don't have to start from scratch they can get a little boost in the beginning just so that they don't need to do something all over again.

another way that this would be nice is the fact is people that are at "end game" have everything and to much stuff just for them or for there group. this will make it so that markets will have good stuff in it because people in "end game" want to get myms for credits. with them also placing a lot of stuff in the market makes it so that newcomers can get a good grasp in the modpack to (by like getting minerals mob drops etc for cheep).

and all those beggers that there always are in each server makes them just need to go to the market for items since the stuff they want is usually what people got a lot of.

now ok with linked inventories is a bad idea but what about credits work like vote points you can cash them in whatever server you like and they are just attached to your ign. i don't know if that is possible but it would still keep all the server still deconnected. and if all the servers is to buggy say that when you get credits it gets sent to the lobby for 1.6 (if your in a 1.6 server at that time) and since its stored there it would be like name changes and its connected to every server but it isn't at the same time.

now i still think that this would be a really cool idea but if it would cause lag i guess it wouldn't work. but it does give people at "end game" something to save up for and kits wouldn't be cheep either like 1000 myms for 10 credits and say its like 500 credits for a kit you need 50k myms for it.

11. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    again, i could be the RICHEST person material wise and sell TONS of items, and i DO, and i am DIRT POOR, ALWAYS, this system wouldn't work, specially for me

12. matijase

matijase Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    optimist :D

13. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    save infinity atm, idk how i'm stacking up cuz i'm banned, but on monster and horizons i def was ONE of them, and on crack aswell, same with DW20

14. bobthepig2

Local Time:
    Banned AGAIN? wat'ch do this time?

15. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    you're late on the party... i've been banned for 2 weeks now, but i'll be back in about a week from tomorrow XD