1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Hatchery Nesting Pens not producing resources

Discussion in 'Sky Factory 3' started by chaosblad3, Feb 10, 2017.

1. chaosblad3

chaosblad3 Very Well-Known Member Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    9:05 PM
    I have a bunch of nesting pens with 10/10/10 iron chickens in, and every ~8 minutes they produce 1-2 feathers and 1-2 manure, but no iron ingots whatsoever after 1h+ of watching them.

In singleplayer they consistently produce 10-15 iron ingots per ~8 minute cycle no problem so it is definitely a server issue...

This is on node 1 btw, I did hop over to node 2 to ask if it was the same on there but nobody knew/responded.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    10:05 PM
  3. ben_mkiv

ben_mkiv Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    got the same result with sand/flint/log/bonewhite/netherquarz chickens on Node2.

I haven't messed much with chickens yet so i thought that it was me doing something wrong, but all i got from them was what chaosblad3 told.

4. Teezea

Teezea Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:05 PM
    I too have this with slime chickens.

5. mike_700

mike_700 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Here the same
    Nesting pens produce only eggs,feathers and manure, and chicken often disapear when server is restarted.
    When that happens Nesting pens have to be broken before new chicken can be placed inside.

Chickens running in the wild produce everything but will also disapear like all other anials do.

6. Teezea

Teezea Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Yesterday when I logged in, my clay chicken, quartz and lapis chicken were gone along with a rooster. So far the few I have in nesting pens have been ok.

Anyone know what the mob cap is? I was breeding some, I had 5 in the chunk and it wouldn't make the baby chicken. I filled/moved a couple and was able to produce the baby. In another chunk I had 8 and was able to produce the baby. I also moved a chicken with a lasso, the chunk had 4 mobs so I thought that was low enough, when I tried to place it the chicken wouldn't spawn but the lasso was empty.

7. chaosblad3

chaosblad3 Very Well-Known Member Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    9:05 PM
    If i'm not mistaken the mob limit isnt per chunk, it's per 3x3 chunks centered on the chunk that a mob is trying to spawn in.. or something like that..

8. Teezea

Teezea Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Ok that would make more sense. Any idea what the total is?

9. ben_mkiv

ben_mkiv Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    It's not so easy to tell where the cap is, as its also related to the total amount of mobs on the server.

idk if the server software adds some routines, but i guess it will mostly fall back to the vanilla mechanism
    Spawn – Official Minecraft Wiki

10. Broklyn_Datroll

Broklyn_Datroll Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:05 PM
    Marking Done for inactivity.