1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(Horizons) Ban open modular turrets: huge chat spam

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by chugga_fan, Jul 19, 2015.

1. redcatjuan

redcatjuan New Member

Local Time:
    5:00 PM
    Yes they configuration device is required to change the attack settings to players.

2. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    8:00 PM
    there is NO item that is required to allow for the turret to attack players, it is a basic option in the GUI, it is not configurable to allow that it attacks players any other way though

3. redcatjuan

redcatjuan New Member

Local Time:
    From the little testing I was able to do in creative it seems that the "Turret Target Configuration Device" is required to change its attack settings. Granted I am not an expert on the mod and have never used it besides my few minutes of testing so if you know how to change its attack settings without the device and within the GUI itself I'm all ears.

4. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    default settings have them attack players, sooo

5. redcatjuan

redcatjuan New Member

Local Time:
    In the first screenshot I took the turret base config was: attack mobs-true, attack neutrals-true, attack players-false. I only tested the one turret (enderium base, rail gun turret) but I figured it would be the same for all the turrets. As far as I know the turrets are not defaulted to attack players but if you are able to prove me wrong, please do.

6. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    Got it, still, the farming capabilities of said turrets are put into question such as if you only wanted a passive mob farm, but not hostile, you'd need the item

7. redcatjuan

redcatjuan New Member

Local Time:
    Yeah I was thinking about that too which is why I don't think banning the configuration device item is the best idea but I can't come up with another one if you want to stop the turrets from attack players.
    That said I still think the mod is fairly useless as any mob farm is rendered useless with ee3 in the pack (just transmute any mob drop) and the only thing that it really provides for Horizons is to attack players. If one doesn't want mobs within its base a magnum torch fills that role.

8. chaosblad3

chaosblad3 Very Well-Known Member Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    1:00 AM
    @Administrator Can we make a decision about this please.. I had to go to a base to investigate a grief earlier and they made it impossible to read chat, I shouldn't HAVE to configure a tabby filter just to not have to put up with it so I don't think that is a good enough reason not to ban something that is completely unneeded if there isn't a config option to simply disable the warning spam.

9. Bennyboy1695

Bennyboy1695 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:00 AM
    The spam issue is fixed in the 1.4.1 Version of the mod so its better to wait for the pack to update instead of temporarily banning an for an issue thats fixed already in an update

10. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    except it came out like 2 days ago the update and as updates usually go it will be another month before the update gets pushed to the server
    this is exactly what i said, it's so annoying when you're trying to help someone and it just makes it IMPOSSIBLE to read, constant spam, the mod doesn't have much use anyways .-.