1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I hate the portal gun easter egg

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by _Lordicon, Dec 26, 2018.

1. _Lordicon

_Lordicon MyM Real OG

Local Time:
    8:44 PM
    Logged in today and I see chickens falling all around me with pig heads. I was like WTF, causes so much FPS lag.

Incase some people are unaware of this it is a easter egg for portal guns that only happens on christmas day. You can disable it by going to the minecraft config file and making a small edit. Or you can just wait till the next day and it will turn off. It is after midnight here so no big deal. But for next year this information will be on the forums for anyone unaware of the easter egg and having issues with finding out how to disable it.

Shut down client and go to this file and open in editor
    C:\..\AppData\Roaming\.mineyourmind\instances\PACKNAMEYOURPLAYING\minecraft\config\PortalGun.cfg

Change this
    Code:
    others {
    		# Oh wouldn't you like to know?
    		I:easterEgg=1
    	}
    To this
    Code:
    others {
    		# Oh wouldn't you like to know?
    		I:easterEgg=0
    	}
    Simple as that. Reload client and chickens will be gone.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
  2. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
  3. _Lordicon

_Lordicon MyM Real OG

Local Time:
    Had no idea that was posted due too the title of the post, never opened it just thought it was a holiday greeting. Thanks for sharing.

4. Jitrid

Jitrid Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:44 AM
    I guess holiday greetings are not fun enough for you. :(:p

GreyWolf11 likes this.
  5. AyeItsKatieMC

AyeItsKatieMC Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Not to mention you could easily just go to your system settings on windows or macos and change the date to either the 24th or 26th

6. Lachim_Heigrim

Lachim_Heigrim Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:44 AM
    @HighPing thanks for posting this, extremely helpful. Maybe add to the title 'falling pig heads'. I had severe lag due to that easter egg and since it was first day playing the modpack I did not realize it was seasonal and not intentional. And agree, would not open the 'Happy Holiday' article myself, title makes it look like holiday greeting.