1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IDEA: Should we switch to Towny either on certain server(s)/universally

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Auonddon, May 13, 2014.

?

Do you want to see towny replace the current plugin?

Poll closed May 20, 2014.
  1. Yes

22.4%
  2. No

72.4%
  3. What is towny?

5.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Demonica6666

Demonica6666 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:05 AM
    I have never played with a Towny server, so I don't know how it works. I like the idea of having towns, but I would like to build in the wild too. So, I am not sure which way to go. In a town, I wouldn't have to worry about being griefed to having my stuff stolen? What would be my home build space area? (Small or Large) Could you have more than 1 house or building? Do you pay for your house or do you get 1 house and then pay for additional home space?

2. chosaito

chosaito Active Member

Local Time:
    12:05 PM
    Eh, the tax price can be set. Just think like maybe 30 mym a month, anyone who actually plays should be able to do that. And it reverts the places people who have abandoned or left the server for good back to the way it was. I mean that's like half a vote a month? :O

3. flamedramon1

flamedramon1 New Member

Local Time:
    10:05 AM
    I think what you should have is a b-3 and b-4 server and have that server a tawny, then b-1 and b-2 is claims for the people to choose what they wan't, or have one of b-1 or b-2 have tawny and have the other with shovel protection

4. chosaito

chosaito Active Member

Local Time:
    12:05 PM
    If that happens then the ones without townie will be a lag fest within a couple of months.

5. cbrozak

cbrozak Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:05 AM
    We have decided to pass on the idea of switching our sole protection plug-in to Towny. As it is a great protection plug-in we don't see any significant advantage of towny over the current plug-in.

We all thank you for your wonderful feedback!

As always we are open to ideas that you may have to better the server as that is our main goal.

6. chrisj165

chrisj165 Click that kitty above me to see him dance!

Local Time:
    5:05 PM
    if you're using towny it should be only used on vanila/light packs.
    Mytown should be option here, far better support for mod packs, my past experience of towny on mod packs havn't been great, past 2 servers i have played on had problems with chunk corruption and crashes caused by towny.

7. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    6:05 PM
    we used towny before and never had such issues.

8. Mijikai

Mijikai Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:05 PM
    I know this is really old, but don't some servers cross Golden shovel with towny, aren't they extremely compatible with each other?

bobthepig2 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.