Infernal skies server suggestion

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by katiebee911, May 31, 2015.

1. katiebee911

katiebee911 Active Member

Local Time:
    5:46 AM
    Infernal skies is a coop skyblock quest pack on the curse launcher where one member of the team starts in the normal world and the other starts in the nether.

2. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    11:46 AM
    It's great pack, but I don't see how it would work on a server. Do you have some great idea about a server setup that could work?

3. katiebee911

katiebee911 Active Member

Local Time:
    I dont. but i havent ever set up a sky server so i wouldnt even how to do that.

4. Wenno

Wenno Member

Local Time:
    10:46 AM
    I don't think it would be possible, since the pack is based in 2 dimensions would make it all the more harder to set up. Making it so every 2 players, that are in a group, would spawn with a 500 block radius away from everyone would be the only way to make something crazy like that to happen.

5. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
  6. AlphaRue

AlphaRue Egotistic Extremely Important Member

Local Time:
    you could have it as a whitelist server where people apply as a team of 2, randomly selecting the spawn position of each(nether or normal)

Lawmonark and chugga_fan like this.
  7. Lawmonark

Lawmonark Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:46 AM
    Sadly this pack will not work well on a public server.

Below is and idea i had for a server but haven't refined it or thought of a pack
    The server sets it up like a Mianite/Dianite (Slind/SirWill)server.
    What i mean by this is have it so you pick a team when you join the server.
    Dianite is the Nether and Mianite is the overworld.
    Then once a week have a "Purge"(taken right from Mianite) where the two teams Fight. The Purge would need to have a set time and last for 12hrs or so. Maybe implement an Expanding world border, so the winning teams border expands opening up more resources. The Winning team is the one with the most Kills.
    BUT as stated above.... it would be hard on a pack like this and on a public server

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
    AlphaRue and Mouro like this.