1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interesting 1.7.10 Modpacks for Servers | MyM

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by Slind, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    5:58 AM
    Hey everyone,

the market of 1.7.10 modpacks is getting bigger while big publishers like FTB and Technic are still silent. I would like to have one thread here where you can post about new and existing modpacks which you think work great on a server and would like to play.

Here are some ideas you might want to include when posting a new pack:
    • Name + Link
    • Age?
    • Launcher (Publisher e.g. FTB, Technic, ATLauncher)
    • Public/SemiPublic/Private
    • Type (magic, technic, exploration, mixed)
    • Size (number of mods)
    • What makes the pack special?
    • What do you like the most about the pack?
    • Why do you think it is a great pack for a multiplayer environment
    Please also comment about packs you know and add your personal opinion, and keep it productive.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2014
  2. knoxz

knoxz Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Flux Galaxy
    http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/1-7-10-flux-galaxy-a-space-based-magitech-modpack.50674/
    Launcher: FTB 3rd Party Semi-Public Pack
    Type: Mixed
    Size: 60+ Medium

The Author implemented a unique way to progress.
    U have to travel to different Planets to get the further into techtrees. U cant just build a Digital Miner and never worry about anything anymore.
    The pack would even be more good if there would be hqm quests. Also i would remove Mekanism (too op) and add Blood Magic instead.
    But well, u cant have everything.

[DOUBLEPOST=1412017181,1412015343][/DOUBLEPOST]maybe "borrow" the idea of space travel to progress and make ur own modpack?
    the idea is really good, but i think he isnt really utilizing the idea to its full extend.
    I have like 20 more recipe changes in mind for example and i also would slow down the progression even more.

i could update my ore adding mod to a 1.7.10 version and then scatter different ores over different planets for example...

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2014
  3. hansi132

hansi132 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Hermitcraft Modsauce
    ATLauncher - Hermitcraft Modsauce
    Age: Been public for quite a while now i think. Dident find date when it was released.
    Launcher: ATLauncher. Public beta.
    Type: Tech with a bit of magic spice in it,
    Size: 122+ Large

The thing that makes this special is the size of it. It isent like one of those packs you can finish in a week or two. It got so many different ways to progress and enjoy, if it is automating every single bit or if it is exploring the dark graveyards.

The thing i like most about this pack is the size and what you can do in the pack. If you feel bored just sitting in your base waiting for something to do or craft, you can just fly and find maybe a dungeon or some other types of caves. And it dosent force you into some mod to get the desiered material. You can choose your favorite mod and play with that and when you get bored with that you can maybe find a complete new mod to do so much stuff in.

I think it works great for multiplayer, since it dosent force you into any mod you can for an example start with thermal expansion and do that, while another player go into blood magic. And then you can trade both info and items from the different mods.

I love this modpack. It has mods for all the players. Magic, tech, exploring, guns. Everything. The only downside i can think of must be the server that will host this modpack. Since it is large and will take a bit of power to run. And maybe that there has to be quite an amount of restricted items (Soul shards)

4. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    11:58 PM
    Mechanical Titan
    FTB Forum Post

Posted to the FTB forums on 24JUL
    This is a FTB Public 3rd party pack, pack code is "MechanicalTitan"
    Type: Mixed
    Size: 109 mods as of today, +3 more on update, +7 more when the mods themselves update.

I remember when I started to play modded MineCraft from a launcher, Oh the joys of the tekkit packs! So many mods in one game, so much to do and so many ways of doing it. Then came along FTB Ultimate! WOW! I almost did not know what to do with myself there was so much to do. But time moves on and so do mods, and more packs come along in the same spirit. Ultimate, Monster, TPPI... All big packs with everything and the kitchen sink thrown in for good measure. Sure, sometimes issues came up, but it was great fun. Now we have a pack that is a conglomerate of everything everybody loves about MineCraft.
    • Love tech stuff? We got your tech mods; IC2, Thermal expansion, Pnematicraft and many more!
    • More of a mage? Get your magic on with some Blood magic, Botania or Thaumcraft.
    • Just want to build pretty building? Got you covered their to!

As to why I like this pack? I was in LOVE with the great big packs of the past, and this is a great remake of all my old favorites.

Why this pack especially would be good for multiplayer is the mod author is VERY EASILY reachable on many different channels and is usually putting out updates with bug fixes asap. Also he is willing to take suggestions and readily accepts help.

gamewiz93 likes this.
  5. Lawmonark

Lawmonark Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    -snip

Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
    Zombieboss60 likes this.
  6. firewall43

firewall43 Active Member

Local Time:
    -name: direwolf20 pack 1.7.10
    -age: it has only been released 4 a few days but the direwolf pack has been around for many years trough the minecraft versions.
    -launcher: FTB
    -public
    -type: mixed
    -size: 85+/- (i had to count it xD,bud it probably written somewhere down,its still young)
    -What makes the pack special: it is very similar to the private forgecraft modpack where most of developers of the mods in the pack play on from time to time ( with a few other mods like big reactors in the DW20 pack),Wich makes it very balanced.
    -What do you like the most about the pack?: I like thats its very natural because the mods have been balanced in the private forgecraft pack. Its also very up-to-date and there get down the line some mods added (if its going to be similar to the other DW20 packs)
    -Why do you think is it a great pack for a multiplayer environment: the pack feels very natural and i'm sure everybody likes mods
    the mods in it bud maybe there just some missing.

feel free to add stuff i'm not that of an arguments guy :p

7. VivecaMouna

VivecaMouna Active Member

Local Time:
    4:58 AM
    • Technofirma
      [1.7.10] Technofirma Mod Pack - Discussion - TerraFirmaCraft Forums
    • Age?
      About a month

• Launcher
      FTB launcher, Private code "technofirma"

• Public/SemiPublic/Private

• Type?
      TerraFirma is it's own type, right?
      Otherwise, it's a hardcore game overhaul that adds huge amounts of Realism into the game.

• Size?
      17 gameplay mods

• What makes the pack special?
      It's TerraFirmaCraft, which is an entire game Overhaul mod.

• What do you like the most about the pack?
      It takes TFC and gives it some amazing endgame achivements, and adds a realistic electrics system.

• Why do you think is it a great pack for a multiplayer environment
      TerraFirmaCraft has always been a great multiplayer pack, with lots of different regions and biomes that need to be explored to progress through the ages, it allows for great trading setups and the like.

matiepie2, Mijikai, Lawmonark and 2 others like this.
  8. Lawmonark

Local Time:
    • Name + Link The Dark Trilogy [1.7.10] The Dark Trilogy [BETA] | Feed the Beast
    • Age? Tfox83(offical 3rd party member) has been Working on this pack for about 3 months
    • Launcher (Publisher e.g. FTB, Technic, ATLauncher) FTB
    • Public/SemiPublic/Private Semi Public, Public 3rd party tab
    • Type (magic, technic, exploration, mixed) Mixed
    • Size (number of mods) 153 medium
    • What makes the pack special? Tfox83 quote "The Dark Trilogy (TDT) is a modpack composed of three tiers of mods; technology, magic & nature. Balance was a key element in the development of TDT with lasting game play a priority. Custom recipes have been added to bring mods of each tier together with the overall goal of leaving no mods left un-played. However the three tiers are mostly separated, so for example if you want to only advance with the tech side of things magic will never be forced upon you. Only very end-game and OP items require two sometimes all three of the tiers of the pack to be played."
    • What do you like the most about the pack? The balance of it all and that an Offical 3rd party member has made it, meaning updates
    • Why do you think it is a great pack for a multiplayer environment Tfox83 quote TDT is a great modpack for servers since it brings all different types of players together similar to the way FTB Ultimate/Unleashed/Monster did in the past. But instead of just having 100-150 mods with most players never touching half of them I wanted that to change. Most players are skeptic to try new mods but with TDT you find yourself playing and building with mods you are unfamiliar with just to progress, which makes learning those mods that much more fun. NEI is your best friend in this pack, it will contain almost all the information you will need to advance.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2014
  9. Decnav

Decnav Proud member of the VRMasterRace Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    12:58 AM
    As much as I am enjoying modsauce on a server with minimal issues, it may not be the best choice if the makers are not active. I tried alot of other packs and Yogs complete was my second choice untill I saw your post about Tolkiencraft, that looks fun

Mijikai likes this.
  10. Mijikai

Mijikai Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I agree, Tolkiencraft looks like a bundle of fun imo, would be interesting to see how that co-ops multiplayer -
    Modsauce is just too big of a pack, hardly anyone can run it.
    Was excited for it though ;(

11. hansi132

Local Time:
    I still love modsauce. And it got a big playerbase because of the hermitcraft server

12. Decnav

Local Time:
    Yea, Im currently playing modsauce on a server that has very minimal issues. Uptime has been 98% for over 6 weeks so it seems like its is fine if configured correctly.

I want to play a new pack on MYM, but bevo and dire arent what im looking for.

13. hansi132

Local Time:
    I think we will get a Modsauce pack :)

14. Decnav

Local Time:
    I hate starting over, but WILL jump at the first sign of modsauce and leave the other place in the dust LOL

15. Mijikai

Local Time:
    Just FYI, it's not really a secret because Modsauce is on the launcher! (Just white listed for Staff whilst we look through bugs ect)

16. hansi132

Local Time:
    Oh, was unsure if it was hush hush or if we were open to speak about it.

17. Mijikai

Local Time:
    Well it's on the launcher, so we can't really hide that lol

+ Sirwilli said he was working on it like a week ago, so it was kind of broadcasted for being definitely added

hansi132 likes this.
  18. Decnav

Local Time:
    Yea he said coming soon about a week ago

19. Lawmonark

Local Time:
    Should be soon, the server is most likely pregenertaing as we speak. Im watching recent Hermit videos, i was told there was talk recently of and upcoming update..... i really hope so because i love Modsauce...lol

20. JavaBond

JavaBond Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:58 AM