1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Introducing the Patron Subscription Rank

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by SirWill, May 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Italy08

Italy08 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:14 AM

It's not really about the two days at all. It's about the principal of somewhat slapping people in the face that have been supporting the community for years. Locking people out of a server for a cash grab is somewhat insulting. I spend more that the $9.99 on average monthly and I play here I bring my friends here. Especially when a new pack starts out. They also spend money on kits ect.

I "vote" with my money and now I choose to spend it elsewhere.

2. Blizzix_

Blizzix_ Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:14 PM
    Again. Its not really locking people out when you have the chance to purchase patron and get in early or you can wait the 2 days till planned release. Your gonna get in the same day if patrons didnt exist..

3. iStarlightz

iStarlightz Prince Cuddles

Local Time:
    To be fair the staff could of made a private section for Patrons on the forums and announced the release there and then released the notice for non patrons on the 21st.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. iStarlightz

Local Time:
    It's similar to buying plane tickets you pay extra to get first class and first class always has the honor of getting on the plane before business/economy

I think

SirWill likes this.
  5. Blizzix_

Local Time:
    Ive said this so many times....

6. iStarlightz

Local Time:
    So many times is not enough too many till it gets imprinted into their mind will be enough.

7. iStarlightz

Local Time:
    What we are dealing with are people similar to the ones who protested against trump. Can't accept the fact that stuff changed. Just like with the president we do not know if it for the Bette or for the worse yet.

So far it's better. Then again I say that because I am a Patron xD

8. Italy08

Italy08 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:14 AM
    "Wanabe Staff Member"

What were dealing with is someone that wants to be staff and will agree with anything that is done to hopefully get a little closer to the goal.....

This has less to do with politics and change rather basic business practice. I understand they need money to run the servers but pissing off people that have been here and have been giving them money is just a poor practice. Hopefully they will get enough snowflakes like you to continue running the server.

Minecraft's player base is falling off that is beyond evident. Cash grabs like this just make people go to other servers. In the long run i'm pretty sure this will hurt more than help. Then what's the next bright idea ?

9. iStarlightz

Local Time:
    Hey I am just a person who is on the forums and replys every so often. Doesn't always mean what ever I say is true.

10. iStarlightz

Local Time:
    For all you know I could be one of those trolls from the YouTube comments.

11. Blizzix_

Local Time:
    xD the thing is the patron imo has the least impact on making players and patrons diffrent. The thing is people will always disagree.

12. iStarlightz

Local Time:
    Ok then look at all the top top mine craft servers. All of them make you pay for a monthly subscription from $5-$10 if you can't afford a lifetime subscription of like $100-150

13. iStarlightz

Local Time:
    One thing fair amount of people should be able to agree on Is that Patron has already been implemented with a lot of thought behind it. It will not easily get changed because of a handful of complaints UNLESS the whole server is b****ing because of it.

14. iStarlightz

Local Time:
    Therefor why I compared them to trump protestors.

15. coolgi3000

coolgi3000 Logician of the gods

Local Time:
    People need to stop seeing only the bad side of this.
    They are not baring people from the server for the first 2 days, they are allowing some in 2 days early. I realise that that may seem like the exact same thing, but Its all about how you look at it.
    They are not slapping normal players in the face, they are just rewarding supporting players.
    This is not pay to win, If you want pay to win ill show you a server that Banned certain items unless you buy them with IRL money and has a section in the store to Pay IRL money to be unbanned from the server no matter what you did to get banned (I'm not gonna name them but yes there is a server that does that)
    You are mad about nothing, just let it go. ;)

Last edited: May 19, 2017
  16. Datsaltysnek

Datsaltysnek lover of NCIS

Local Time:
    1:14 PM
    tbh i like how the mym mangment is making a patron rank it kind of allows them to show them "hey you helped use turn from a small community to a huge one heres a special rank for you and you get to help beta test hope you enjoy :D" so if y'all are done acting like 5 year olds best take argument to another thread hmm k

Blizzix_, coolgi3000 and iStarlightz like this.
  17. iStarlightz

Local Time:
    TBH this tread should of been close awhile ago and then people should of made their own complaint threads.

coolgi3000 likes this.
  18. Blizzix_

Local Time:
    I think after Slind and SirWill stopped replying they were pretty much like well let em brawl it out here. No need for extra forums after we gotten that far.

19. iStarlightz

Local Time:
    Yea. Slind and Willi gave their replies on the situation.

20. Delerium76

Delerium76 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:14 PM
    I've been quietly reading after getting a proper solution from SirWill on new players, all the way up until reading this comment. What you describe is pure PR bull**** "how you look at it". Most people looking at a pay wall to "play 2 days early" realistically think of this as "I have to pay or I start 2 days AFTER everyone else". It's just reworded to make it sound "good", especially when up until this time everyone started at the same time.

To Slind: Yes there are ALOT of people who play on these servers that try and be the "first" to complete a pack, ESPECIALLY on HQM modpacks, so you also can't claim there is no (dis)advantage for these people. Call it motivation for them to pay, whatever, but if they can't afford it, they will find a new server somewhere else to race against. Not sure what the population of this "type" of player is in MyM, but in the past on all of the HQM packs I've played here, I'm constantly hearing people in chat bragging about how far along they are, so I'm guessing there's quite a few.

The pay to win server you describe used to be against the rules Mojang set up (some of which even MyM seem to violate) which basically say that servers can charge for access to play, but may not charge for anything that gives an advantage over another player (pay to play type). I'm not sure if it still is against the rules or if it's even being enforced anymore since Microsoft bought them out, but this is the article I found on the topic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.