1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done ironically appearing fatal reconnect error

Discussion in 'Agrarian Skies 2' started by chugga_fan, May 21, 2015.

1. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    10:19 PM
    ironically i actually got the fatal reconnect error after the new update, which is said to have solved this, this is the only time i've gotten it on AG2, anyone know why?

2. DuckDastardly

DuckDastardly Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Don't know why it happens, but it's happening to me as well. Doesn't seem to matter if the server boots me, if I lose connection or if I disconnect myself, if I try to reconnect I receive this same error. Only thing I can do is totally restart Minecraft to be able to reconnect.

3. GeorgeBoy14

GeorgeBoy14 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:19 AM
    I think this problem will be solved when the first beta version is out

4. Ony_x

Ony_x Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:19 AM
    Same, guys. Trying to play and being constantly disconnected.

5. CommonExplosion

CommonExplosion Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    *beep boop* It'zz chugga *beep bzzzzz brrrrr* calculating...*brrrzzoooom* oh no! *fatal bug detected classified: chugga* *connection terminated*
    - server

AlphaRue likes this.
  6. LucidTheStick

LucidTheStick Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Related to modtweaker. On Regrowth SirWill coded a work around.

7. RabidCadaver

RabidCadaver Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:19 PM
    Are we getting the same fix? Or is it not just that easy?

8. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    The last time I tried it it didn't worked. Someone would need to test that again.

RabidCadaver likes this.
  9. DuckDastardly

Local Time:
    Apparently Jaded has written her own mod to take care of this problem, basically she will be removing modtweaker and minetweaker from the pack and putting this mod in their place.

Ag Skies 2 Discussion thread: Not for bugs. - Agrarian Skies 2 - Jaded's Packs - CurseForge Minecraft Forums - Minecraft CurseForge

and according to the very next post it does fix the fatal error on reconnect issue.

So hopefully she can get this tested fairly quick and get the update pushed out. Such an annoying error...

10. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    hmm, checking out the mod page, I wonder what happens to all the other recipe changes. Or did it only look their were so many (minetweaker scripts)?
    Overview - Jaded Tweaks - Mods - Projects - Minecraft CurseForge

Edit: looking at the source it seems like not everything is listed and yet done. I still wonder why she did remove minetweaker, as this mod is working fine and 90% of her adjustments only require mine tweaker and not modtweaker which is the mod that is making this trouble (especially as I haven't seen anything in her mod that does something that modtweaker did for her)..

11. DuckDastardly

Local Time:
    Someone on the AG2 forums pointed out the agricraft seed mutations missing. Jadedcats response " yeah thats cause I was using MT to change them. But in the update I'll be using the Agricraft config file instead. Go into the config and turn on "generate default mutations". Most of my mutations were turned into the default for AgriCraft. The rest I'll be adding to the update via the config file." (See link if you want to see it directly)
    Ag Skies 2 Discussion thread: Not for bugs. - Agrarian Skies 2 - Jaded's Packs - CurseForge Minecraft Forums - Minecraft CurseForge

So I guess she was wanting to test what was there already, and make sure the crash was fixed first and foremost, and she is adding the rest in and then will push the update.

12. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    the thing here is: modtweaker works fine. what modtweaker does is changing the recipes. the ones you use your inventory or crafting tables.
    the mod causing the issues is modtweaker, this mod does allow recipe changes for things like, ex nihilo sieves, ae2 presses, furnaces..
    The thing I'm wondering about is: the stuff minetweaker does is straight forward to code as it is fully following the forge api but the stuff modtweaker does is not, as it needs to change/modify the mods which don't support it, be it with reflection, asm, javassist.. This is a whole new level of skills being required, by looking on what jaded has done yet, I can't imagine on how she will be pulling it off without investing the next month full time on learning those things.

Maybe I'm missing something, as it really doesn't make any sense to me.

13. DuckDastardly

Local Time:
    I have no clue what her plan is, just posting updates to the crash situation since I figured people might want to know what was hopefully coming in the near future.

The crashing on reconnect is really really annoying when you have to restart all of MC everytime you get d/c'd from the server, be it for a restart, a crash, a timeout...doesn't matter, have to restart MC and with a pack this size that time starts adding up.

14. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    My curiosity forced me to ask her :D
    @SirWill is there anything blocking us from implementing the temp fix we have on regrowth?

DuckDastardly likes this.
  15. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    How do you reproduce the issue on agrarian skies? If I look up a recipe, reconnect and look up it again I don't crash/disconnect.

16. Bennyboy1695

Bennyboy1695 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:19 AM
    jaded has fixed this about 1hr ago i believe and is releasing a new update with the fix

17. DuckDastardly

Local Time:
    If I get d/c'd from the server for any reason, when I try to reconnect it starts to log me in and then I get dropped. The message that pops up on the screen says fatal reconnect error. Haven't looked for an error log, but not at my pc now to look. Will try and remember next time I am at it.

It does this to me every time I try to reconnect unless I completely restart MC, and only since this newest update and apparently only on SMP. I can reconnect just fine in SSP.

18. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    Then it is maybe not the same issue like on regrowth.

19. GeorgeBoy14

GeorgeBoy14 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:19 AM
    Can someone update the server to 1.1.1?

Last edited: May 23, 2015
    DuckDastardly and chugga_fan like this.
  20. RabidCadaver

RabidCadaver Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:19 PM
    You can reproduce it by going afk.