1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Make Laser Drills Cheaper to Power

Discussion in 'B-Team' started by tictacton, Jun 4, 2020.

1. tictacton

tictacton Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:04 AM
    Something I've noticed on MyM is that power generation is *very* slow when compared to single player. I've heard from staff that it was something to do with MyM's custom tick system, but the numbers have always been sort of unclear. Laser drills require a lot of energy to run at full speed, but they have not been adjusted to match the slower speeds of the current power generation on MyM. This means players need to create extremely large "power towers" with dynamos, which in turn lags the server a lot. Would there be any possibility of lowering the energy requirements for laser drills in the config to match whatever the chunk tick speed is set to?

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
  2. CanadaBunny

CanadaBunny Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:04 PM
    Hey tictacton.

Unfortunately we don't tend to modify packs for really any reasons. It causes issues with players not using our launcher.

3. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    If they're running too slow I would suggest making sure they are operating in the same chunk and you don't have prechargers crossing chunk boundaries. I can't say as though I ever had an issue running them.

4. tictacton

tictacton Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:04 AM
    Yeah it just seems to be like everything in general is running slower. I tried making two identical power + drill setups, one on MyM and one on a private server, and the one on MyM ran significantly slower. It’s fine tho we’ll just make do with getting more energy.

5. CanadaBunny

CanadaBunny Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Gonna go ahead and mark this as done :)