1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modpack suggestion: StoneBlock

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by metalim, May 13, 2018.

1. metalim

metalim Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:10 AM
    Like questing and building from scratch, but tired of void Skyblocks?
    Try StoneBlock!

[​IMG]
    The whole world from top to bottom is made out of stone. There are no trees, no grass or dirt, no ores, and you have no pickaxe. Start breaking stone with your bare hands.

Modpack contains ProjectE (locked till mid-to-endgame).
    Based on MC 1.12.2

ApyroNox, Necro6300, WishMage and 3 others like this.
  2. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:10 AM
    Sounds interesting I'll give it a look.

ApyroNox and MakakPL like this.
  3. CheesyTheArtist

CheesyTheArtist just a casual furry

Local Time:
    8:10 AM
    that might be next generation of skyblock!

4. grease2d456

grease2d456 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I like it!

5. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    So basically someone replaced all the air blocks with stone. What's next? Dirtblock? Obsidianblock? AwakenedDraconiumBlockblock?

Sounds a bit lame if you ask me :D

6. wyndman

Local Time:
    I've sunk quite a few hours into it at this point and the cracks are really showing on this one. The mechanic of stone to pebbles is nice, but it quickly is eschewed a few minutes later in favor of traditional sieving for resources.

While I always liked sieving, it isn't enough to hold my attention.

The quest book is thrown together in a bolted on method, there is no natural flow or story, the first few quest drive you through the stone mechanics then the remaining chapters are just branches of a theme, storage, power etc. There is no situation where mods are gated behind other mods crafting is open.

It suffers from just another sky block syndrome, without the fear of falling into the void. It also suffers from a soft lock bug that could result in some frustrated players. I've noticed that on age up the pebble mechanic stops until a restart, a player who uses their cobble could end up stuck until server restart. Couple this with the dev going silent on github this probably won't make the leap.

pizzaluc and Sandstroem like this.
  7. CheesyTheArtist

CheesyTheArtist just a casual furry

Local Time:
    i played it a little bit (still its running i am typing this) and its so great, needs to be added in server!
    needs more quests lol
    [doublepost=1526382781][/doublepost]and i have a better pack that i am still making.

ApyroNox likes this.
  8. tonalom

tonalom Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    After playing this pack a few hours I have come a conclusion, and it is quite similiar to that of Wyndman’s conclusion.

While the pack has an original concept in terms of turning the whole world into stone, it is lacking in other areas. During the first hour you will already start sieving quite a bit. The mechanic is good, but for many, including myself, it becomes repeditive and boring after a short while. Furthermore, after sieving, the pack kind of just lets you go. The quests no longer have a chronological order and you are just left to whatever you want to do. Some people prefer that, others do not. Now, my main complaint about this pack is not necessarily that the quests are not all that well formulated, it is more so that the pack itself is lacking structure. Other than the stone-world feature, it is very similiar to other maps/packs like skyblock, skygrid or waterworld. I do believe this pack has potential, but for now it is certainly not very enjoyable in the long-term.

9. DwarfKingThorin

DwarfKingThorin Member

Local Time:
    Could this modpack be added to the server? I can't find any other server that supports this modpack.

ApyroNox likes this.
  10. pizzaluc

pizzaluc Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    @DwarfKingThorin

Looking at some of the other comments in the thread its highly unlukily this pack gets a server. A little guess why no one host this pack is probably that its not that great

11. wyndman

Local Time:
    You are more likely to see a Dude Where's My Block? server before this one.