1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monster Reset & Changes

Discussion in 'Server Info' started by SirWill, May 12, 2014.

1. hotmaildotcom1

hotmaildotcom1 Member

Local Time:
    2:32 AM
    Well while I understand that its hard to make a decision on when and how to announce, that does not even partially excuse just not announcing anything. If you want to lose some players, and some donors, you just keep on deleting peoples' progress with zero warning. While you said people were complaining about the restart,a week from when you announced, I immediately thought that I would feel mildly similar. As I have had that feeling multiple times though I realize that it is change, and given adequate time to prepare, change is good. I can say that this has never before happened to me and I have zero respect for the decision as I can not see in what multi-step logic it was grounded.
    Thank you for putting the old servers back up. I will likely be taking my pictures and then unfortunately leaving the server. I had a good time here, but your actions have completely alienated my friend base and they no longer wish to continue playing on the server. I like to community on the server, but I need my close friends in order to enjoy the game to it's full potential. I will be trying to continue on my own but it's not very likely. Please do not take this as server hating, or disrespecting your staff members. Both the server and its staff have been wonderful to me since I first got on. I hope that you guys continue to do well. I just hope that there are better decisions made in the future, so that if I can persuade my group to come back they will have no reason to leave again.
    As you asked for suggestions on how to do a better server-refresh in the future I will say this. I, nor none of my friends, have a problem with starting from scratch. Minecraft is a game, and not only that, but its a game about building and being creative. It inherits a need for renewal from just that. What will be guaranteed to lose a server players every single time is to provide instability. Action without warning is known as random, random actions are known as instability. Especially when micro-transactions are involved people get real pissy about that kind of stuff.
    Like I said, I hope that this doesn't anger anyone. I really like the server and I hope that everything works out for the better. Thanks for your guys' attention and responsiveness in the forums. Taking care of your community well (as you do) will never have any negative repercussions.[DOUBLEPOST=1400369030,1400369002][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I would also like the old server if downloading ever became an option.

YWEmpirer likes this.
  2. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    10:32 AM
    Monster2

3. chaosblad3

chaosblad3 Very Well-Known Member Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    9:32 AM
    Okay, and finally just to check, it is the new 1.1.1 version of monster that players will need to use to get there and not 1.1.0? and do they use the commands in the monster lobby or the mym lobby?

And also is it read-only mode?

4. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    10:32 AM
    1.1.1 and on one of the monster servers.

5. Zphantom13

Zphantom13 New Member

Local Time:
    4:32 PM
    The access to the old server thing already sounds pretty good.

also, on the last days of the old server opening, can you disable the claims so people can play around with some fun mod items that are usually banned?

6. orionbeta

orionbeta Active Member

Local Time:
    1:32 AM
    sigh... orionbeta 0 MYM 1