1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

On-hold Monster West- strange lags

Discussion in 'Monster' started by caithleen, Aug 29, 2014.

1. AdrianVaughan

AdrianVaughan Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    5:00 PM
  2. SilentStar

SilentStar Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:00 PM
    i found the same thread too. Problem is, i think, its hard to downgrade because of ftb Launcher. Right?

3. AdrianVaughan

Local Time:
    Well the launcher mods can be changed as you can add or disable mods and i guess you could change the version but for some it might be hard , plus the server would have to change it as well.....which without knowing whats changed my crash it all together . Tho.....if we tried it on the north server might be worth giving it a shot ?

Last edited: Nov 1, 2014
  4. cbrozak

cbrozak Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:00 AM
    If we downgraded it (which indeed would solve that issue of ic2), then everyone would be required to use the MyM Launcher, which we are slowly incorporating, but would rather not make it mandatory for Monster just yet. Although maybe this situation is reason enough to actually make this happen. We will discuss and decide if it is worth it or not in the grand scheme of things. Thank you for that thread link Adrian.[DOUBLEPOST=1414905342,1414905161][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Maybe we could build a Monster+ with the old North, just a thought. Remove mods that are never used or causes too many issues (engineer's for example), create a significantly more stable version of Monster. Again it would be MyM Launcher ONLY (like the other 'PLUS' modpacks we have).

AdrianVaughan and Mijikai like this.
  5. AdrianVaughan

Local Time:
    I like the idea of the MyM launcher (I use it now) and with it being here if there is anything that needs to be changed ect it's a download and play which i think for most they would like. Am just glad at some point it will happen as South now has close to 10-15 seconds of just pausing now and am sure it's more and more frequently.

6. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    12:00 PM
    that and some people can't even use the MYM launcher, (me)

7. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    I will not create a monster + server as our focus is on 1.7.10 packs now.

cbrozak likes this.
  8. SilentStar

Local Time:
    SirWilli? Super__penguin and me were talking about the problem and he came up with an idea:

Would it solve the problem, if the whole ic2, that means the producer, the energy cable and the ic2 machines will be in the same chunk?

The idea behind that is, that it can cause issues, while the cable and the machines are in different chunks and it will cause problems while loading them.
    What do you think? Is it possible to test it?

edit: or with unloading. cause you said ones, that the unloading of the chunks will cause spamming the message in the server log.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
  9. cbrozak

cbrozak Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I have done quite a bit of testing with the chunks and setting them up in one and the sort and unfortunately sometimes it works but most the time it doesn't. I couldn't find anything that caused it, just seemed to be a luck of the draw on which chunk you decide to put it in :/

But, feel free to try it out if you'd like. ;)

10. SilentStar

Local Time:
    The things you have tested, were ic2 machines right? So no ic2 machines means no spamming in the server log?
    Even that there is no final solution for that, it is worth for me and a lot of more people some work to minimize it.
    What about the ban of engineers toolbox, the ban of the EU Adapter @SirWilli ?

11. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    I can disable it but the question is on which server.

12. SilentStar

Local Time:
    Well, i thougth you are gonna disable it on all servers. Well then, in this case i have no problem if you will try it on east. Its where i am from and the most player are playing.

13. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    Engineers Toolbox is now disabled on east

14. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    willi doesn't east actually have problems from other things instead of toolbox?

15. SilentStar

Local Time:
    chugga. We will test it now. But really, if we can solve the problem with the lagg, i dont care about other minor problems much. But about which problem are you talking chugga?

16. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    Am i correct in assuming the issue is the massive updates from the ic2 energy network causing lag ?

chugga_fan likes this.
  17. AdrianVaughan

Local Time:
    I think so, it was bad for me on South last night longest lag freeze was 18 seconds and it's getting more frequently.[DOUBLEPOST=1415102601,1415102269][/DOUBLEPOST]
    To be honest i would rather have a nice lag free server and less mods. I have never used ic2 and I get on fine if we took it out would it just solve the problem. We live in a minecraft world we can adapt to change.

18. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    all of my automation goes through ic2, my main armor is quantumsuit, my main method of powergen is from ic2, i use raidioisotopethermoelectric gen. to power some stuff, and i have tons of eu power things from powerconverters around my base, removing ic2 is similar to removing my BASE, then again depending on what is removed in my base the server has less tps strain

19. SilentStar

Local Time:
    Hm...
    hm...
    hm...

20. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    hey the problem is the EU adapters from that thing, i've never used them silent and don't forget, the main problem with my base is my monsterous AE system, thats what is affecting east when on, which it rarely is, and almost no ic2 thing in my base 100% constantly runs, the problem has been isolated to engineers toolbox thought, so don't pin the blame 100% on ic2