1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My first x5 ore processing

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by _Lordicon, Jan 6, 2019.

1. _Lordicon

_Lordicon MyM Real OG

Local Time:
    9:06 AM
    So I am very new too Mekanism even though it has been around for a long time. I am more used to IC2, Thermal, EnderIO etc. So anyway I wanted to figure out how Mekanism worked so I watched a older Youtube video and setup a x5 ore processing factory. I must say it is a pain to setup and just getting the gases going took some time. I am sure there is an easier way than this but it is the video I found to learn the machines from and what they do. I do have many buffer tanks and chest just to make the setup run smooth. Must say it is a very interesting mod.

2019-01-06_02.34.18.

Tips are always welcome. If there is an easier setup for the x5 processing without all the gases please share a video or walkthrough.

2. _Lordicon

_Lordicon MyM Real OG

Local Time:
    Ok so I have been running this Mekanism setup for the x5 ore. I must say there are ups and downs.

Ups
    1. Provides x5 ingots per ore.
    2. Can learn to use gases.

Downs
    1. Doesn't work with some ores such as Diamond ore, Emerald ore, Dense, Thaumcraft, Forestry and a few others.
    2. Even with max speed upgrades in every machine it seems slower at processing compared to other methods/mods (I could be wrong).
    3. Complicated to setup if your just learning the mod.
    4. A lot of machines to build just to get the x5 ores.

I am starting to wonder now.

If I am running a Ender Quarry maxed out in a large ratios to get a lot of ores then pump them directly into my ME system which then I can auto pull out and run through 5-10 max speed upgraded Resonant Redstone Furnaces then pump back into the ME.
    I should be able to smelt the ore just as fast if not much faster with way less machines to build and deal with. This would of course mean I will not get the x5 ore but with a Ender Quarry running non stop and always smelting what I dig up I should have 100k of every ingot or more in no time at all.

Really do not need millions of ingots so the x5 ore seems almost a waste of time.
    What does everyone else thing about it in all honesty???

3. AyeItsKatieMC

AyeItsKatieMC Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Personally I've never done it as like you stated it's a waste of time, I've tried to do it but ended up giving up as I was frustrated with the amount of different machines and gases you need the furthest I've ever gone is 3x as you only need oxygen

4. AceOfBases

AceOfBases CDO: OCD alphabetized as it ought to be.

Local Time:
    6:06 AM
    I have never played a pack where 5x was needed. Given the Minecraft universe and unlimited resources pulled from thin air, it's much easier to simply ramp up your base production until you have ludicrous sums of ores without any multiplication whatsoever. So, I usually end up doing doubling because, depending on the pack, it's easy. After that, yeah, not worth it. I think it would be worth it when a pack comes out that has no veinminer, no sieves, no quarries, etc. If you are physically mining every ore with a 1x1 or 3x3 pick, then I think the effort to do 5x would be fruitful.

5. Fireforce

Fireforce Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    3:06 PM
    I see it as normal ores I 3x rare ores I 5x
    Tho I have a simpler system where if I wanted to 5x all my ores each ore gets there own processing line
    And the gasses I just upscale each time I lack adding more machines.... Also gas storage in between is a must....

6. BlazeFTB

BlazeFTB Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    i love mekanism ever seince i first saw etho use it in the crackpack 1.6.4 mindcrack pvp server. i wish more modpacks would use it. the only packs i see that use it is hardcore quest and skyblock packs. would love to see it in more kitchen sink ftb packs like revelations or infinity.