1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done my ME drive was stolen in claimed base

Discussion in 'Infinity' started by ultranium, Oct 16, 2023.

1. ultranium

ultranium Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:59 AM
    Hi,
    I'm ultranium. Last month my ME drive was stolen from base ME chest. I don't know how it was possible since my base was claimed and no one should be able to modify or touch my stuff without permission. I'm wondering if any admin or staff or dev was associated with the heist.
    Also, environment controller lost all the chips. Any ingots from my crafting chest were also removed. Around 20 other containers lost stuff entirely. What's going on with my base? If any other reasons, I need to hear it. If it's related to another post, please let me know. Sorry I dont have any screenshot since my base looks fine from outside, just the chests were emptied.

PS:
    I only have base from FTB Infinity Normal version with 1.7.10 Minecraft build

2. Dustmuz

Dustmuz Patron Tier 3 Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    2:59 PM
    Hello Ultranium.Since it has been a month since the theft occoured,
    There is not much we can do at this point in time.
    The block inspections does not show any others players than you using the blocks.

To the question about if the server staff would steal from you.
    The short answer would be "No they would not"

The theft is more likely to have been part of a previous case where the culprit was identified and is no longer active on the server

// Dustmuz
    // Wilfon

3. ultranium

Local Time:
    Thanks anyway.
    Although I'm very certain the person who stolen my stuff are capable of admin rights. It's possible they had previous access to admin rights in other lives.
    There really is no need to play this server if anything I make can be taken like this.
    Not only they took everything, they even took serveral times including the stuff I put in my base later than the first occurance.
    It's like I put several environmental zone chips in environmental controller after the aftermath. But next time I sign in, I found out the zone chips were gone too. I mean why would admin need to take zone chips? Btw, zone chips allow person near environmental controller to always have food saturation or health regeneration. They are very hard to make.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2023
  4. XoCynner

XoCynner Manager

Local Time:
    Hey there,
    Im very sorry this has happened to you. I can assure you that no one on our staff team would steal from you.
    As for being certain that the person who stole from you had admin rights, Im going to respectfully tell you this is not the case. Anyone from the staff team who no longer is apart of staff automatically lose all of their permissions and privileges.
    There are many different situations on what could have happened, but due to you reporting this so long after, we can not find out what exactly happened.
    I have gone ahead and investigated myself to make sure something wasn't missed and I also couldn't find any evidence.
    Hopefully this doesn't happen to you again, but if it does please report it right away. The sooner we can get in and investigate the better chance we have at catching the culprit. Again I am very sorry this has happened to you.

5. Willfon

Willfon Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:59 PM
    What I can say is that what happened at your base looks a lot similar to what happened to a few other players around the same time, approximately for-five weeks ago. I did find the culprit in that case, but due to how we are bound to provide evidence in a case, we were not able to return any of their belongings, since everything was just "ME drive". How he was able to pilfer the drives I never found out. We had some theories, but all the "known" methods were blocked on this server. They never stole anything other than from an ME system and at least two of the areas were properly claimed.

I believe you were one of the unreported victims in that spree.

When I used to play on Infinity, way back before I was staff, we used to say that you had to encase any non vanilla storage in vanilla doors or similar, so that noone could take stuff from your drawers etc. From what I know now, all of that was patched at some point, but it seems there is still a way to bypass the drives in particular.

This is an old pack and unfortunately that means the developers are not all that interested in bug hunting and patching of mods and plugins.

Unfortunately, that is how it is …

6. ultranium

Local Time:
    Thank you for your help. I will be back on server soon.

7. ultranium

Local Time:
    PS, I think the reason was I give permission to one of my friends and he gave permission to other people and these permissions are cascading some how. I cleared his permission and the situation seems stopped. Thanks for all the help. I'm back on track selling my crafts.