1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Info Network-wide Access to Twilight Forest to be permanently removed!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by chaosblad3, Dec 9, 2015.

1. johnfg10

johnfg10 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:02 AM
    as it is classed as a creative work he has full rights to keep his project to his self and also its not a dimensional problem mostly it is because minecrafts lighing calculator is really bad and the twilight forest requires huge amouts of data to be calculated and minecraft can handle it this is cause by many issues with mincecraft itself causing serios issues :D nice thinking though i wish that would work cause i like the twilight forest progression is lots of fun

2. AlexisRoger

AlexisRoger Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Quote: "Not sure if this was mentioned, but you could add all the allowable Sapplings from TF into the Mutandis random proc's just like when attempting to get Rowan and so on... Same with Liveroot"

Oh for the love of Zeus, please dont do that! Have a gander at Regrowth and try and get your first supplies of Witchery required materials with just the X biomes flowers in the mix! If anything, add it in to the alchemical catalist sapling list of Botania so you can cycle to them guaranteed.

My opinion? Distable access to TF -immediately- and allow the recipies when they're finished. 20 tps down to 9 tps from one person entering TF is enough to make the server almost unplayable. This is on the standalone server 3, so I assume a dedicated computer. I cant imagine how much worse it is for linked infinitys 1 and 2...

Sandstroem likes this.
  3. johnfg10

Local Time:
    infinty hardcore 1 and 2 are seperate so tps on one ois not effected by the other but most people wont go in there for fear of abuse from other members on the sever

4. lmclark

lmclark Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:02 PM
    So if we know this is going to take even more time to implement the new recipes .. please consider disabling the TF now to avoid crashing and performance issues until the recipes can be implemented. I think we all can live without the new recipes for a few days.

5. chaosblad3

chaosblad3 Very Well-Known Member Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    Update: Access to the Twilight Forest is now disabled and my first wave of recipes are now live on infinity_new, infinity_new2, infinity_evolved & infinity_evolved2.

Please could players from those servers post feedback here, and if there are no issues I will be pushing the changes to the rest of the network later today.

Slind and Adrianfish like this.
  6. Adrianfish

Adrianfish Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:02 PM
    been going through some of the blocks and items and most of them got recipes for infinity normal node 1

7. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    2:02 AM
    @SirWill can you remove it from the portal globally?

8. johnfg10

Local Time:
    chaos i think i can say on the behalf of all infinty players and players in generaly thank you the recipes are excellent and tps is sure to be more stable thanks for all your hardwork :D

9. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    2:02 AM
    can you deploy those on the other servers too? e.g. ferret

10. Ackross

Ackross SpudWhacker

Local Time:
    Please bear in mind infinite evolved recipes for Twilight are not really appropriate for servers less intensive such as Direwolf.

A few of us have noticed the crazy recipies, like Transformation Powder.

11. Adrianfish

Local Time:
    is this the recipes are u are seeing gliceas?
    2015-12-20_18.42.08.

12. chaosblad3

Local Time:
    That recipe IS the normal mode recipe.. I haven't made any of the expert mode recipes yet as I've been distracted with work.

The Transformation Powder deliberately has two different recipes, as you can see in the pic Adrian posted, the top one is the one you have to craft to begin with to get your first batch of transformation powder, but then once you have that first piece you can easily create as much of it as you need just using 4 blaze powder each time, as the second recipe just requires 4 of the powders and it doesn't matter which kind.

13. Ackross

Ackross SpudWhacker

Local Time:
    yes thats the one , and funny enough when it was discussed on TS yesterday we thought that might be the case

thanks

14. Adrianfish

Local Time:
    chaos is there any reason why maze stone is so annoying to make? like why does the pickaxe need to be in the recipy

15. chaosblad3

Local Time:
    Because I felt like doing it like that ;) you should only need to make the pick once or twice though as the pick is not consumed when you craft it, it just loses 1 point of durability.

And really if you're planning on working with lots of mazestone you should be making a mazebreaker anyway since mazestone blocks are coded to be mined much quicker with a mazebreaker than anything else (except for the really endgame tools like draconic staff).

Here's a sneak-peak at the Expert recipe for Transformation Powder btw:
    [​IMG]
    It uses the <element>theum dusts instead of the basic dusts, and uses a null catalyst (from witchery but crafted using thaumcraft crucible in expert) and some impregnated leather (also witchery), and finally mana infused string (botaina).. also the 2nd recipe won't have oredict between the 4 different types of dusts so you will need all 4 types to craft instead of being able to use 4 of the same type!

Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
  16. Bennyboy1695

Bennyboy1695 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Why has it been made for the twilight recipes to be so hard ? The twilight can be gotten to very early in the game and has almost no affect on getting you endgame quicker. Tfox didn't even really want twilight forest in the pack for expert mode but had to leave it in there because of normal mode, so I thinks it's a bit unfair to make it so late game before your able to do anything. End of rant :p

17. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    7:02 PM
    Expert = Harder

It is not that hard.

18. johnfg10

Local Time:
    But its world gen so the recipes should be the same on all sever s

Sent from my VF-895N using Tapatalk

19. chaosblad3

Local Time:
    I challenge anyone who thinks my recipes are too hard to actually give them a try first and see how long it really takes you to get used to them!

Then again these are MyM servers we're talking about, so for the record "You can buy and sell Transformation Powder on the market on ALL servers!", so if you don't want to make it for the first time yourself using the first recipe then just wait until someone else does and then buy it from them, but if you do want to try and craft it yourself just for the sake of it then all the better for you!

FYI you get 1-(2) pieces of transformation powder from /kit mobdrops(+) so donors who picked a mobdrops kit get an easy start too!

20. Bennyboy1695

Bennyboy1695 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    They aren't hard they are just really late into the game on expert mode, whereas normal twilight can be gotten to straight away