1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Info Network-wide Access to Twilight Forest to be permanently removed!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by chaosblad3, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    7:55 PM
    The thing is, no one would play it. Don't underestimate how less fun it is to play on a server with 1-3 TPS, where you need to mine a block 20 times and big lag spikes that kick you from the server every 3 minutes.

LunaBlossoms likes this.
  2. oOcanadianOo

oOcanadianOo Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:55 PM
    Not against the comment that 1-3 TPS would be bad, but I've played on servers previously when Monster was out and Twilight was enabled and definitely never had 1-3 TPS and Monster was crazy mod heavy, servers and mods have come pretty far since Monster. Maybe it's time to make make Ender Quarries the standard and rid of BC Quarries, that would level out the server usage. I feel disabling important parts of a pack sucks and takes away from the full experience.

3. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    7:55 PM
    The twilight forest wasn't that bad in 1.6. We had it enabled on 1.6. but it is unbearable on 1.7

LunaBlossoms and lryanle like this.
  4. oOcanadianOo

oOcanadianOo Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:55 PM
    Well hopefully it can be reintroduced at some point when its more stable on 1.7 or on the next mod pack release.

5. chaosblad3

chaosblad3 Very Well-Known Member Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    6:55 PM
    May 16, 2015 was the last time that TF was updated, Benimatic (the creator) hasn't done anything with it since, so it's very unlikely that you will ever see a more stable build of it for 1.7.10 and MyM is already starting to scale down the number of 1.7.10 servers it runs to make space for 1.10+ servers, which again, it is extremely unlikely you will ever see a 1.10 compatible version of TF, so I wouldn't get your hopes up..

If you really want to explore it so badly then I would suggest that you do so in single player.

lryanle likes this.