1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Testing Required New Chunk Loader System on Regrowth, Agrarian Skies 2 and Galactic Science

Discussion in 'Server Info' started by Slind, Oct 4, 2015.

1. alfiealfie

alfiealfie Taste the flames

Local Time:
    3:01 PM
    sorry about that, and yes i got the point, but it is not something you cant really live with out was my point

2. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    5:01 AM
    that would be item based and potential to dupe again

3. alfiealfie

Local Time:
    i do not get half the dupe bugs around XD, sometimes their completely unavoidable, also the fact people use this to their advantage disgusts me, play it right for gods sake, just because you CAN doesnt mean you should

4. Kazeodori

Kazeodori Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:01 PM
    Would you be able to buy tickets with mym's? I frequently play with 2 friends, and we're not always on at the same time. So we all have to keep a stock of tickets, and being able to transfer either tickets or mym's to buy tickets would be helpful for us if one of us is running low.

5. grav0r

grav0r Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    Great job boys, i really like this new system. it is working great for me.
    I hope when testing period is finished it stays affordable :)

6. zim3442

zim3442 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:01 PM
    Ok so before I state my concerns I should say, full disclosure I have not had a great amount of time to spend with the new system, or Minecraft in general over the last few months, but I am a long time supporter and member of MyM. However having read Slind's description (and assuming I am not foolishly confused) of this change, while I agree for the most part, the one area which I find most concerning is using this as a means of enforcing people to vote.

I appreciate the needs of the server in voting, and do not wish to imply that I am against the concept. Furthermore I agree with asking the general player base who do not donate to the server to vote, and even asking those who donate to occasionally vote, such as the first few days I start playing a mod pack. However where this entirely losses my support is the enforcement of donators to continue voting as a regular occurrence.

Putting aside my desire to assist the server upkeep, one of the largest reason for me personally donating is to avoid interactions of this nature, I find interacting with the voting sites a very detract-able factor in my overall enjoyment. Subsequently I would strongly desire that some consideration be made in relation to donators and how they interact with this system, perhaps as some high donation tier perk for example.

7. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    Thank you for the feedback @everyone. The system will go live on all servers in about a week. It will be mainly unchanged for the first 1-2 weeks. After those two weeks we will address the most requested/disliked parts.

8. Erionax

Erionax New Member

Local Time:
    Seems like gold (offline) chunk loaders won't force load the chunks after restart, so they usually won't last long, since restarts are quite common. Anyway, it would be nice to be able chunkload at least 4 chunks, since people's houses/bases usually have square shapes.

9. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    ugh they should. I'll look into it.

10. knoxz

knoxz Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I know just showed a way you "could" do item base. You said before this wasn't possible. Wouldn't do item based aswell. Just another reason for people to go ham

11. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    I still dont think that it is possible without client side mod. @Xfel11 looked into this some time ago.

12. knoxz

knoxz Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I would bet you a lot that it is :-D
    You could just use coal as fuel, or what ever fuel you like.

13. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    I think you are thinking about different things. Slind meaning that could fill it with liquids via. pipe and you mean placing buckets inside the chest..

14. knoxz

knoxz Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    where are you talking about liquids?
    The conecpt should work with liquids too though. Any modded item bukkit can read the content of should be fine.
    Dont think there is any modded server without any tank.[DOUBLEPOST=1445074258,1445002338][/DOUBLEPOST]also you are not able to load a 3x3 area anymore? My chunklimit seems to be 3.

15. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    sure, just not with the offline loaders, use the iron ones.

16. knoxz

knoxz Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    ok. didnt know that. ;)

17. Nexey_

Nexey_ New Member

Local Time:
    I kinda feel this system isn't fair, I mean I don't want to leave my game just to vote because my base isn't loaded properly. On agrarian skies, the chunk you're sitting inside is at normal speed, whereas every other chunk goes 10 times slower. I would be perfectly fine with having no chunk loader at all and having every other chunk around me going at normal speed.
    I don't want to spam MFR chunk loaders, I also don't want to extend vertically (more stuff in one chunk = bad things happen), hence I use to build gigantic bases. If I have to vote every day just to have the chunks around me running at usual speed, I might as well leave already.

18. alfiealfie

Local Time:
    you pose a good point, but what better system is there? the server needs votes we need chunk loaders, why not an exchange?

19. Erionyx

Erionyx Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    I suppose this is a mistake -

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Price of 3x3 is lower than 5x5. Similar problem happens when I want to chunkload three 1x1, it's more expensive than 3x3.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
  20. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    yeah somewhere I posted that the calculation will change so this doesn't happen.