1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New People Joining - Regrowth

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by picklehead8521, Feb 3, 2017.

1. picklehead8521

picklehead8521 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:07 AM
    Ive been playng a few weeks now and ive noticed a ton of new people come and go.
    90% of the new people leave because they /rt during night time and died loosing there stuff.
    So i have a suggestion.
    It would be nice if the spawn area had two signs posted.
    1. /rt to random teleport "beware if nighttime"
    2. download mym launcher for access to minimap and other cool things so when u die u can find your grave

Or something like these. I feel like this would keep more players on the server .

2. CrimsonSZ

CrimsonSZ Bored of being bored because being bored is boring

Local Time:
    9:07 PM
    Pardon me if I sound harsh but I'm gonna be very blunt.

First of all, People who random teleport, in the middle of the night, with buffed mobs, with the bare essentials, expecting to survive, very likely aren't modded players in the first place and just wanted to see what all the fuss is about (though it could just be a mistake you make when you're tired...not that I'd know)

Second, there is a quest that gives them a map via Bibliocraft. Though it isn't instantly accesible, I have myself, tried a challenge without a minimap and by playing safe, arrived at said quest without a single death.

Third, if they quit after simply dying once (by their own mistake whats more), then they most likely won't have the patience to deal with Regrowth as unlike most modpacks or vanilla, where after a single day you can take mobs at night easily, you actually have to work for it, hence why most people's first few days (even whole entire modpack) are in underground homes.

Now, this is coming from someone who didn't have the patience to sit through all the plants and only played Regrowth till the very start of machinery (because then my computer decided to break down and lose me my data.), so I dare not say I know a lot but these 3 points are usually the same throughout HQM packs in general.

ben_mkiv, ProperChilli and wyndman like this.
  3. LunaBlossoms

LunaBlossoms Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:07 AM
    Moved thread to the proper place on the forums as this does not belong in the support section for Regrowth.

I'd also like to say that @SirZAZ has a lot of great and quite valid points, especially towards Regrowth itself.
    Also, even with such a precaution there will still be a few that would /rt in the night, die, get mad about it and just leave. A sign won't change their mind.

What you can do as a player towards the MyM community, if you so desire to help, is if you do see a new player join warn them of the dangers of the night.

4. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:07 AM
    We encourage everyone to use the MyM launcher if no other reason then to ensure the ease of logging on to the servers, but we can't force them to. Also +1 SirZAZ's point if you die in a minute and rage quit, regrowth my not be the pack for you anyway.

LunaBlossoms likes this.