1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done New Servers?!?!?

Discussion in 'Other' started by misscatlin1951, Apr 5, 2023.

1. misscatlin1951

misscatlin1951 We die so others may live. Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    11:30 PM
    If we really are getting new servers, will they be for Patron only as everything new that you have gotten in the main system? Think for a minute... You do have a group of players that are willing and eager to get rid of between 5 and 15 EIR per month. Unfortunately, that base is not large enough to keep the server active. What is needed is new blood on the website. One good way is to bring programs that are very popular and advertise them. how do you do that? Twitch has a grade for how hard a game is as well as the popularity of the pack. CuresForge has the same thing. If you are getting rid of 2 then try to bring back 2 but only one for Pateron, drop a patron game to open the player base. This way things are shuffled better and no one feels left out. Unfortunately, I am totally left out of any new packs because of my poor graphic card. It was a good card over 8 years ago but it can't keep up with the newer Pixel and raster graphics that the new cards access.
    Just think about what I said about the new blood and go looking. When you find one, then ask the player base if they would like to play it and give it a long time before trashing a program .
    Sorry for speaking out of turn but my idea may have merit... unless that is what you already do. My bad.

2. SovereignEternal

SovereignEternal Former Admin, I'll be back.

Local Time:
    8:30 PM
    We are removing so many servers to host newer packs that aren't Patron-only. We have been working on updating our proxy to support newer versions of Minecraft, and will be able to host many newer packs. We rarely have more than one Patron-only pack on our network. Any further questions or concerns about this recent announcement can be posed on the announcement thread.

BookerTheGeek likes this.
  3. misscatlin1951

Local Time:
    No I was only responding to the fact that 1.18 packs are Patron only. That does include more than one pack on MYM servers at this time or at least that is what I have found. This is the only reason I responded.

4. SovereignEternal

SovereignEternal Former Admin, I'll be back.

Local Time:
    8:30 PM
    I'm not entirely certain what you mean. While 1.16 packs and above have been exclusively Patron until now, we never host more than one of tem at a time. Because of the new proxy, we will be able to host 1.16+ packs publicly, instead of being Patron-only.

5. misscatlin1951

Local Time:
    Good, I have found 2 packs that fall into the range of being able to be a good connection for this server, both have only been released just recently although I am unable to play them in the single-player mode because of the limitation of my graphics card. One is Skies which is a unique skyblock with plenty of quest steps to follow and the other is the Ledgen of the Eyes which is another questing pack, which I haven't been able to play at all.
    Also with the removal of two packs, the staff has removed most of my play here on this server as I am limited by the expense of a new graphic card that will operate the shaders necessary. I will still try to come on and play SF4 but my play has been greatly curtailed. I am in the process of finding another MineCraft home.
    This hurts because I do have friends here but with nothing to play, there is no sense in me being here. I will return for mail but SF4 is my only playable game (Or the only one that I feel like even playing). Later.