1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Offline Chunk loaders with EU power?

Discussion in 'Age of Engineering' started by Chezzik, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Chezzik

Chezzik Active Member

Local Time:
    3:12 AM
    I had a 1x1 offline chunk loader for a while with my bee setup, and it worked fine.

I broke it, and moved it to a chunk with an IC2 nuclear reactor, a mass fab, recyclers, cobblegen, scanner/pattern storage/replicator. Basic IC2 stuff. It seems to be up and running (I see little smoke effect from it), but nothing runs when I log off. Is there a problem with IC2 stuff and chunk loaders?

I did put my stuff up against the wall inside the chunk, but nothing leaves the chunk. Here's a screenshot:

[​IMG]

If you want to check it out, the x/y/z is 118/17/-968.

Thanks!

2. tonalom

tonalom Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:12 AM
    We have encountered issues in the past with ic2 machines being too close to the chunk border, and therefore not running properly even under the effect of a chunkloader. Try moving the ic2 machines further into the chunk.

3. Chezzik

Chezzik Active Member

Local Time:
    Well, I moved everything in from the edge of the chunk, and still, nothing runs.

There must be something that is keeping IC2 stuff from working with this chunkloading system.

4. Fireforce

Fireforce Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    If nothing runs then your out of tickets

5. Chezzik

Chezzik Active Member

Local Time:
    Nope.

[​IMG]

6. Kronnn

Kronnn Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:12 AM
    Try moving a few of the machines to the middle of another chunk and try offline chunk loading them there, sometimes IC2 machines can break the entire chunk they're in if they have chunk loading issues.

7. Chezzik

Chezzik Active Member

Local Time:
    Oh, I hope this isn't the case. Moving all this stuff is really a huge pain, and if it breaks the new chunk, then I'm going to be in the same situation again. I'll try moving everything, but probably won't have enough time until this weekend.

Tonight, I did try replacing the 1x1 offline chunk loader with a 3x3 online chunk loader. That didn't work either.

This morning, I went afk, just so that it would run for a few minutes, and was "ticketed" for going afk. I don't recall seeing any rules about going afk, and I'm really curious about what that means.

This is really getting frustrating. I hate abusing afk to get through a pack. This pack is designed so that you just chunk load your base, then go off to the mining dimension to gather materials for a second reactor, while the first one continues to run. It's really frustrating that no matter how many reactors you build, you are still going to have to afk a bit just to get enough iridium to progress.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
  8. Fireforce

Fireforce Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    The reson your kicked is to make room for other players 2 if you have a lag heavy base whit your 10min kick your base is the slowed down a bit

Now if I had my labtop I could load your base for a while.
    As I play other games but a patron rank I belive will prevent the 10min kick

9. Chezzik

Chezzik Active Member

Local Time:
    I've run a few more tests. The chunk I'm using is not broken. I set up a CESU and a tier 1 solar panel from IC2 with an offline chunk loader, and they run just fine.

I went far away from my base, and went up high in the air, and rebuilt my nuke in a very simple setup (just the nuke, a MFSU, and a molecular transformer:

[​IMG]

As you can see, nothing is near the edge of the chunk. It doesn't run.

So, it seems that *some* IC2 stuff works with the chunkloading system, but nuclear reactors do not.

10. Monkey_Banana1

Monkey_Banana1 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:12 PM
    Im going to go ahead and tag our @Administrator team to see if they can help with this issue. It seems this issue is AOE specific.

Chezzik likes this.
  11. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    It's most likely a IC2 issue as other mods don't have this.

12. Masteros

Masteros Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    This same problem.... I placed reactor from IC 2 days ago in this same chunk as Void Ore Miner from Env. Tech.
    The funniest thing is: the void ore minner worked all the time,
    but reactor and other machines from ic2 (in this same chunk, on other height) don't.

I think its a problem with chunkloader addon config. In this default chunkloader (from FTB utils i think) this problem doesn't exist
    (tested on dedicated server).

Chezzik likes this.
  13. TomboyEnthusiast

TomboyEnthusiast Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:12 AM
    I believe that I've experienced this with newer versions of IC2 and I also have suspicions that some machines require the player nearby to function due to how it was ported for 1.10+. Then again I have not really looked at the source code for it and this is merely speculation from my experiences.

14. TomboyEnthusiast

TomboyEnthusiast Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:12 AM
    Marking this as done due to inactivity and the lack of a solution