1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Permanent Chat Text Colour

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by Lightning_Taco, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Lightning_Taco

Lightning_Taco The Blood Hunter

Local Time:
    2:08 AM
    I'd like to bring up the idea that people who have the ability to use colored text can permanently change their chat text to a specific color.

Example:
    Lightning_Taco:&4 Hi!
    ^ Remove the need to assign the color, let the user change their color permanently at any time.

I hope this doesn't seem like too big of a hassle

~Taco

Ghast12345678910 likes this.
  2. ben_mkiv

ben_mkiv Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:08 AM
    please, nooo!!

In general i think color use should be limited more, so that mods/admins/server messages have reserved colors.

JessTheGreat and ProperChilli like this.
  3. ProperChilli

ProperChilli Retired Staff

Local Time:
    As much as i like the idea, i dont think it would be a very good one, the chat would become a rainbow, and it would be hard to read.

Just my opinion.

Owen

JessTheGreat likes this.
  4. LunaBlossoms

LunaBlossoms Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:08 PM
    My reason for saying no is similar to Ben & Owen's. Colors in chat usually mean something important and something that needs to stand out. Also, my own personal reason, I'd have a very hard time reading the chat depending on the color. Dark reds & blues make it hard for my eyes to read the text and it strains my eyes. Seeing that for more than just on a small occasion here or there turns into a big no-no.

It's a nice idea, but on servers with multiple people playing and multiple of those having the color chat option... it'd be a complete mess.

ProperChilli likes this.
  5. Lightning_Taco

Local Time:
    The most I can say right now is to restrict color usage to easy to read colors, it seems more like colors should be removed by the sounds of the feedback :p

6. deepcage

deepcage Captain Obvious has entered the building!

Local Time:
    there's some dude who does that on PO2 kappa. His chat is so hard/annoying to read that i actually just ignored him. not because of what he wrote, but just the way he wrote it. i also feel like this should be something reserved only to admins and moderators. so they can add some extra accentuation to their messages, but not something regular players should be (ab)using.

7. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    7:08 PM
    I think you can do this yourself with Tabby chat. So you only see the changes.

8. Lightning_Taco

Local Time:
    I was looking for it to be a global thing so other players who want to see them, can see them. It looks like some people would get annoyed at it so the only real solution I can think of is to add an option to see colored donator text, probably defaulting to off unless changed. (Staff/Server Colors permanently enabled obviously)

9. deepcage

deepcage Captain Obvious has entered the building!

Local Time:
    Would be nice if you could filter this out with tabby chat and return any player-colored text to normal so people who do not like it, can turn it off.