1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PIXELMON "Gameshark"/"Poke-Radar" mod

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by Mining_Canadian, Aug 11, 2016.

?

Should Pokeradar/Gameshark be allowed?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Potato (If you remember this your an OG mym player!)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Mining_Canadian

Mining_Canadian Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:34 PM
    So, since like no one knows if Poke-radar is allowed, (Including the stick and Prpl since I asked them), I decided to open this thread. There are mods, such as, but not limited to: "Gameshark" (Which can be found here: Gameshark for Pixelmon 1.8.9 - Find Pixelmon with ease! - Minecraft Mods - Mapping and Modding - Minecraft Forum - Minecraft Forum ) and "Poke-radar" (Here: PokeRadar Pixelmon Radar Mod Installer for Minecraft 1.6.4 ) (PS. I don't believe there is an updated version of "poke-radar" for 1.7.10).
    The whole concept of these mods are to help players/ Trainers if you wish, to more easily identify where Pokemon are. It's not a cheat like Xray or anything, It just helps you see where certain Pokemon are.
    In gameshark, you can set tracers to help you find poke-loot, legionaries, or shinnies, which can be quite tough to spot without the mod.
    And in Poke-radar, you have a mini-map, like many of the ones we already use, that show entities (dots on the mini-map). The entities/dots can be either Yellow (any type of Pokemon), Green (A Pokemon you set your map to find, eg. a Snorlax) Orange (boss Pokemon), Red (Legionaries) and Purple (Shinnies). You can also set way-point/markers in poke-radar.

There are also ways to mod other maps that are allowed on MYM to make them similar to poke-radar. Here is an example of someone doing it with Journey Maps.

I'd love to hear your guy's opinion on this topic!

Also, I tried logging on the server with Gameshark enabled (With permission from prpl so don't rage at me) and the server kicked me for using an unidentified mod, so that's part of the reason I posted this.

SirStudMuffin likes this.
  2. LucidTheStick

LucidTheStick Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:34 PM
    1) You didn't ask me
    2) When I was asked about someone else, I didn't know what the mod was so said I didn't know if it would be allowed or not.

3. SirStudMuffin

SirStudMuffin Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:34 AM
    I remember that :D
    Didnt Prpl ask Lucid? and he didnt know?

4. Lawmonark

Lawmonark Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:34 AM
    Poke Radar is not too bad, Since Journey map already shows the pokemon on the map... just not the type.

But i do not think the other one should be allowed. If you are old enough to know what a "Gameshark" is, you would know it was a cheat cartridges. GameShark - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

5. LucidTheStick

LucidTheStick Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:34 PM
    Hard to remember something you didn't see happen.

Lawmonark likes this.
  6. SirStudMuffin

SirStudMuffin Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:34 AM
    You werent around to ask in the first place at the time so

7. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    2:34 AM

Lawmonark likes this.
  8. Mining_Canadian

Mining_Canadian Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:34 PM
    That's what I meant by that. Prpl told me you didnt know[DOUBLEPOST=1470972234][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Thanks for the info, I didn't know that!