1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Pixelmon Redesign - New lead - Need your input

Discussion in 'Server Info' started by Mijikai, May 27, 2015.

1. DemonBladeXBL

DemonBladeXBL New Member

Local Time:
    11:00 AM
    maybe make a small modpack with pixelmon , tinkers construct , open block , extra utilities , carpenters blocks , and chisel and i think a lot of people would play it[DOUBLEPOST=1432878680][/DOUBLEPOST]maybe make it a modpack with pixelmon and other small mods so you can still make it fun like
    • Pixelmon
    • Tinkers Construct
    • Jabba
    • Iron chest
    • Open Blocks
    • Extra utilities
    and other small mods that dont affect gameplay that much and maybe people would play pixelmon more

MrSquidward_ likes this.
  2. MrSquidward_

MrSquidward_ Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:00 PM
    Yeah will be GREAT if implemented

3. Mijikai

Mijikai Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:00 PM
    If I did this, this would cause people to definitely have to use the MyM launcher, and I really don't want that.
    The pack will be staying with only Pixelmon, and possibly keeping utilities if the bugs can be patched and fixed. Thanks to Slind for on that!

Other than that, I'd like to announce that the Pixelmon server is open to the public, and if anyone would like to go out and explore the world, please feel free.
    We have 8 gyms available (more will be added when we've finished the first elite 4)
    Safari zone is still in Progress, but will include the best Pokemon, as well as the best way to level.
    Legendary Spawn rates have been lowered for the weekend (meaning they spawn easier)

Have fun!

4. RAINING_SHELLS

RAINING_SHELLS New Member

Local Time:
  5. IanIsTheBoss

IanIsTheBoss Technician

Local Time:
    I have played a bit of Pixelmon, and i feel like it could use a bit of suructure, as in a set of towns that are connected to spawn, so if people want to play through the gyms they can on these roads, but if not they can ignore these.

6. Mijikai

Local Time:
    There are already gyms, connected with warp signs

7. Alicatt

Alicatt New Member

Local Time:
    10:00 AM
    I would love to play Pixelmon...looking forward to the revamp. I can help with some of the building if needed, just let me know. :)

8. Mijikai

Local Time:
    I'll be building an Elite 4 soon, otherwise everything is ready until then, so feel free to login! :)

9. RAINING_SHELLS

RAINING_SHELLS New Member

Local Time:
  10. tonalom

tonalom Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    This is more of an unimportant "improvement", but it could be cool if we added the wondertrade plugin. The plugin allows you to have a "pool" of pokemon (decide how many in the pool in the configs), and people can withdraw a pokemon by sending in a new one by doing /wt (number of the pokemon you want to trade's party slot) confirm. By doing that you exchange the pokemon you put as a number in the command with a pokemon you have no idea what is. The plugin also has some small cool things like it tells you whwn people put legendaries and shinies in the pool, and every now and then it pops up in the chat saying how many legendaries and shinies there are in the pool and aswell as telling you the amount of pokemon the pool holds.
    Not sure if I needed to explain but I put it here in vase someone didn't know ;)

Adrianfish likes this.
  11. jackripper0987

jackripper0987 New Member

Local Time:
    1:00 AM
    What about adding mods that just enhance if you are using mym launcher? like perhaps chisel for more blocks types as I think you could have the standard pixel mon and server that?

PixelmonGym - Bukkit

Something which could be cool is a tournament once a month or two across the whole server

Last edited: May 31, 2015
  12. tonalom

Local Time:
    Well jackripper I would love to have chisel as it would provide many cool blocks, but the only problem is that not so many people would be able to join the server as you would ha e to use the MyM launcher. And most of the people that uses the launcher have been members here a while. Therefore by adding so many mods we wouldn't earn so many new players to play on the pixelmon servers, but I like the suggestion its just that there is a lot of other things you have to consider when doing changes ;)

13. jackripper0987

jackripper0987 New Member

Local Time:
    1:00 AM
    I mean for chisel exclusively it just changes some of the nbt data I believe, so non modded launchers may be able to see that stone:6 as being normal stone. I may be completely wrong and someone more knowledgeable or testing should happen
    So if my theory is correct the server would have chisel added, people without chisel mod will get stone:7 and perceive it as normal stone while the people that does have it would see all the textures if that makes sense? again im probably wrong but its the only mod of that nature that may work
    If not maybe adding sell signs at spawn for blocks you cant get without commands?

14. tonalom

Local Time:
    Wouldn't work. You would get a message saying "Missing mods: [mod names] [items in the mod]" and not be able to join the server.

15. RomaDaddy

RomaDaddy Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    This does not work... I tried running a server with that exact set up and had players complain and leave.

16. Mijikai

Local Time:
    Thank you for the suggestions guys, but I'm just going to have to put my foot down now, and say that no other Mods will be added to the Pixelmon server.
    It's not just the MyMLauncher we use, if we're wanting to keep the Pixelmon server, we have to give credit to the Mod authors launcher too -
    Pixelmon Mod Downloads

I would personally love to have other Mods on the server, but it really isn't going to happen :/

17. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    do you have a link to this mod?

18. tonalom

Local Time:
    The link to the sidemod should be found in this following list: Pixelmon mod downloads If it's not here i'll try looking further into it, but this was found on the video of one of the co-devs for pixelmon who created it ;) This is his youtube channel: Ghostwolf youtube channel for official purposes I am not associated with this user.

19. BetaPetey

BetaPetey Administrator Booster

Local Time:
    I love the idea of the applicant of Gym Leaders and the Elite 4 it will really push players to become better at the game and beat all the gyms

20. Asapps

Asapps Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Wish we could have at least nei but I guess not. It would be cool to see towns like the kanto region but spaced out as in you'd have to travel from town to town. Not like the firered game as in small routes connecting town. Just a suggestion though.