1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Info Pixelmon Shutdown

Discussion in 'Server Info' started by Aidoneus, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    4:32 PM
    Hello again my MyM Community!
    As the title of this thread says, we are shutting down Pixelmon. I will do my best to explain why.
    Shutdown date: July, 19 2017

Why? We have been debating for a while now if we should keep Pixelmon on MyM. While we didn't want to let this go, we don't see a reason to keep this on MyM any longer. Our last attempt to revive this our Pixelmon server didn't end very well as currently, nobody plays it as you can see in the Analytics spoiler below. I personally tried to support the newest server by providing what I could. As it does pain me to see this leave the network, I am excited what could potentially take its place as a server you guys will love to play on.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Base Download If you would like a base download post in a reply below where your base coordinates are and you will get a download the day after the shutdown.

New Server Spoiler With the end of Pokemon we usher in a new age..

19e8, BetaPetey, Rohen and 1 other person like this.
  2. coolgi3000

coolgi3000 Logician of the gods

Local Time:
    6:32 PM
    Welp RIP my shiny zorua... And hello pack that shares an acronym with a classic strategy game that I got one of my main gaming usernames from. (Not coolgi3000, my other one) ;)

3. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    DWMB? Uhh Dragon Warrior Monsters.. something

4. Furious_2014

Furious_2014 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:32 AM
    age of engineering could be fun as the next modpack, i stopped playing pixelmon since my favorite pokemon aren't released yet sadly.

5. BetaPetey

BetaPetey Administrator Booster

Local Time:
    Do you have any idea of what possibly might replace the modpack?

6. lryanle

lryanle Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:32 PM
    Lmao, I love how AoE is confirmed. But if you do release it soon, could it be in a week or too? Most of us are playing the new beyond, and having two new packs might be conflicting.

7. Broklyn_Datroll

Broklyn_Datroll Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:32 PM
    Confirmed? I have seen nothing confirmed beyond the closing on an underutilized server. Sadly, one which a lot of time and effort went into making multiple custom builds, but that's how the pokecookie crumbles.

8. PhishTahkoh

PhishTahkoh Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    Well, for me, it was a lack of plugins and the lack of removal for old claims that really turned me off of Pixelmon, otherwise, I would be all over it.

9. Yorinar

Yorinar Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I'm just sad thinking about that poor guy that only counts as 0.08 players online.

Rohen likes this.
  10. Arvie

Arvie Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Sad another server is shutting down, on the bright side, new interesting modpack will take its place

*Cough* Sprout *Cough*

WishMage likes this.
  11. Pseudonycat

Pseudonycat Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:32 PM
    Does the new server have to do with Dinosaurs? xD Just a hunch but meh If so I called it ;)

12. lryanle

lryanle Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    A Sr. Mod confirmed it on accident. Its going to be Age of Engineering.

13. Arvie

Arvie Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    It's true that the next mod pack AOE but, Is it on accident? There's a poll with AOE being the top for the next mod pack.

14. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
  15. recaltotal

recaltotal Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:32 PM
    in my opinion i know its totally my opinion but ill still get hate for it i fought for changes on pixelmon mym was to closed minded to listen and its now come to this
    this is why i stopped playing with mym
    i mean no hate i just feel that things could of gone differently

16. FoxFire_MC

FoxFire_MC The Walking Mineapedia

Local Time:
    Im sure this has nothing to do with Pixelmon being shut down :(

17. Cirlu

Cirlu Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:32 AM
    Well nothing else can do and the timing is just right now that pixelmon has stop development because of the Pokemon company and seeing how this is happening mojang will or maybe shutdown any pixelmon related servers :(

18. Rohen

Rohen The beemaster

Local Time:
    Mojang won't be shuttting down any pixelmon servers. They aren't a copyright enforcement company.

19. Cirlu

Cirlu Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:32 AM
    The use of Pixelmon in a singleplayer environment is still perfectly fine, however the distribution of the mod (downloads, files, etc.) is now illegal.

Pixelmon servers are thus technically not allowed by the Minecraft EULA ( Mojang Account ) as the Fair Use Agreement prevents Pixelmon (which now cannot be distributed) from being used. However, many servers will continue to remain operational, and they will not be closed down until Mojang sends a request to the server to comply to the EULA within X amount of days. That is my reason for saying that.

20. Rohen

Rohen The beemaster

Local Time:
    EULA doesn't have anything to do with this.
    Also, the distribution of Pixelmon isn't more illegal than it used to be. It would be illegal if there would be an order from the court. In this case, Nintendo just threatened to sue the devs if they didn't do whatever Nintendo wanted them to do.
    Nintendo can, however, hire copyright enforcement to shut down pixelmon servers.