1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Info Player+World AutoSave-Sync mod test (V+, RG1, OZ & TS)

Discussion in 'Server Info' started by chaosblad3, Jan 9, 2016.

1. chaosblad3

chaosblad3 Very Well-Known Member Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    4:49 AM
    Developer @Bydon has wrote a special mod for us that forces a save of player inventories whenever the world auto-saves, such that now if a server crashes your inventory will be rolled back to the same point as the world is, which should help to prevent the crash causing loss of items.

Before: if you had a stack of gold blocks in your inventory and you put them into a chest in your base then if the server crashed before the next auto-save happened, when the server comes back up the gold blocks would not be in your inventory OR in the chest, as the chest will have been rolled back to last auto-save before you put them in, but your inventory (which is constantly being saved all the time) would not have rolled back to before you put them in, meaning they were lost to the de-sync between the two saves.

Now: if the same case happened, after the server comes back up your inventory would have also rolled back to point when the last auto-save occurred, which was before you put the gold in the chest so it would still be in your inventory instead of being lost!
    So far this mod has been added to Vanilla+, Regrowth (Node1), Project Ozone and Thaumic Skies for initial testing before being added to the rest of the network (not including node1+2 of Infinity Evolved (normal/expert) as it won't work with the linked inventories system those servers use).

If anyone encounters any issues specifically relating to loss of items following a server crash in the next few days on the servers listed above then please report them here.

Tinnel, Scull, Guigui_ and 8 others like this.
  2. All_Mighty_POWA

All_Mighty_POWA Well-Known Member

Local Time:
  3. YourMCGeek

YourMCGeek Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:49 PM
    Yay @Bydon !! Thanks so much!!

4. Adrianfish

Adrianfish Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    can we get this auto save happen more often since the server has crashed 2 times now and i have lost tons of items because it roles back like 30 mins

5. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    5:49 AM
    the servers save every 10-5 minutes. 10 minutes on packs with hqm and every 5 on all others.

6. Adrianfish

Adrianfish Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    And reason I said that is because I had milk buckets in my inventory and I didn't have those in my inventory for around 30 mins before the crash

One thing I did notic is that today when the server crashed inventories roled back but the server didn't do a lot of people lost stuff

7. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    Now, the real question is, why isn't he labeled with a "homebrew dev" tag ;)

8. chaosblad3

Local Time:
    Updated to a newer version which will hopefully be more consistent.

Adrianfish likes this.
  9. Draykan1024

Draykan1024 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Has this been implemented on The Ferret Business yet?

10. chaosblad3

Local Time:
    Yes, sorry I made a post in the global changelog about it, but i didn't think to also mention it here.

The mod is now on all 1.7.10 servers except for infinity normal and expert modes on nodes 1 and 2, due to incompatibility with the inventory linking system.

11. Draykan1024

Draykan1024 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Thank you, wanted to double check since I know you guys are so busy and can sometimes forget.

12. johnfg10

johnfg10 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    is there any Chance of geting this on civ it would be useful since its crashing a lot lately hopeful fixed but i think this would be useful

13. AruetiiseHD

AruetiiseHD New Member

Local Time:
    5:49 AM
    Hello I dont understand why the sync mod is now banned at b-bteam pleas answere me. In the List of banned items has been writen that you mabey lose my inventory but thise is than my problem and i lose my items.

14. tyler489

tyler489 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:49 PM
    Unrelated make a new post