1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented Please re-enable Tiquality on Po3K! Or add a scheduled item clear to the server.

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by deepcage, May 25, 2021.

1. deepcage

deepcage Captain Obvious has entered the building!

Local Time:
    2:16 AM
    Ok so i thought i would never say this, but i think i actually liked Tiquality, because the server has gone quite downhill since it was taken out. The reason was diminished players and thus server load, but a couple of players clearly don't like playing by the rules (don't overstate).

While Tiquality could be a real pain in the butt some times, its still better then having to suffer constantly because some people just don't know moderation or just don't seem to care.

Current situation.
    Players Online: 1 player (me).
    No large farms, no large automation setups, except for a few auto sieves.
    TPS is at 16 and there's both chat & item interaction lag spikes of between 3-10 seconds which occur seemingly at random.

Last night, i cleaned up over 300k items from a different player who didn't pick them up and the server is still laggy as hell. So that didn't help much.

Tiquality would reduce the culprit's TPS because of this to practically zero and automatically punish them for their own misbehavior. Forcing them to clean up after themselves or play at 1 TPS.

Other option would be to put in something that does an item clear at scheduled intervals, say once an hour. Because there are apparently players who clearly like leaving hundreds of thousands of entities all over the place, lagging the server to death. A scheduled item clear would definitely help with that. Although, i agree, players should not be doing this in the first place.

Tiquality would be better though because an item clear would only enable irresponsible players to keep doing bad stuff.

Please voice your opinions. Or just vote if you're feeling lazy :)

(Edit: rewritten slightly to improve readability).

Last edited: May 26, 2021
  2. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    6:16 PM
    I have noticed this. I could easily re-enable the mod. Will wait a day before making the decision to see if anyone objects

3. deepcage

Local Time:
    @Aidoneus If/when you re-enable it, can you like configure it slightly different (if possible) to set a minimum of 2-3 tps instead of 0-1. Cleaning up an item spill is nigh impossible at 0-1 tps. Its happened to me before and just trying to pick the overflowing items up and trashcanning them is a real p.i.t.a. at that low tps. It would be resolved a lot faster at slightly more tps i'd think. Unless you disagree, then never mind :)

Recoil101 likes this.
  4. deepcage

Local Time:
    Soooo... @Aidoneus its been well over a day, i dont see anyone object. Any decisions made yet?

5. deepcage

Local Time:
    Bumpity bump bump!

6. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    6:16 PM