1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Possible Goodbye

Discussion in 'Other' started by misscatlin1951, Sep 18, 2021.

1. misscatlin1951

misscatlin1951 We die so others may live. Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    9:39 PM
    Even though I have a relatively new computer system, I am throwing "out of memory" errors each time I log in. This does not happen on other servers. I have used your own launcher as well as other launchers. I can reach other sites (Minecraft) and can actually play, but Your site I considered home. Until I can come to the bottom of the problem I am afraid that This is server Goodbye.

2. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    8:39 PM
    Have you tried increasing the amount of ram allocated in the MyM launcher?

3. Willfon

Willfon Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:39 AM
    Did you by chance upgrade to Java 8 version > 300? I had to downgrade to the version down around 281 or something.

4. misscatlin1951

Local Time:
    There is something wrong with my launcher. That much I have figured out. As to changing Ram? The program already has 14Gig allocated and the system can run in well less than 1 gig. I don't know how it happened but my system is not working to specs and I cant log in. I will remove the MYM launcher and try to get on another way. I haven't tried that yet.

5. misscatlin1951

Local Time:
    I have never had to work with the Java except for the base program itself. There is something wrong with my launcher. That much I have figured out. As to changing Ram? The program already has 14Gig allocated and the system can run in well less than 1 gig. I don't know how it happened but my system is not working to specs and I cant log in. I will remove the MYM launcher and try to get on another way. I haven't tried that yet.

6. HanoverFist69

HanoverFist69 Administrator

Local Time:
    6:39 PM
    Try going to this file location (with launcher closed) and deleting the launcher jar in that folder.
    c:\users\<windows username>\AppData\Roaming\.mineyourmind\launcher\

This will force a redownload of the launcher jar to the updated version.

7. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    3:39 AM
    You don't need 14gb assigned in mym launcher. 8gb is more than enough.

8. misscatlin1951

Local Time:
    Yea I know but with the vagaries of Windows 10 Home. (I was supposed to have Pro) When I upped the memory I did carry it too far but my machine can handle it. I finally think I can get back on.

9. Alinston

Alinston Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:09 PM
    Being on Windows 10 home or pro would has no negative consequences to ram allocation whatsoever.

It's most likely that you just put it up too high.

10. misscatlin1951

Local Time:
    My memory requirements as to various programs that I run are the reason for setting the memory high. My machine will use up to 1 gig just in Java allocation, then the standard allocation within the program. Part of this is a double sample rate which my low-cost video graphics card provides without my permission. Yes, I do have a fast 6 core processor but the graphics render is ancient and slow. Now if anyone has an old AMD Radon 7 sitting around not being used, send it my way. My video card is an ATI Radeon,HD5770 which was manufactured in 1990. At the time it could do it all but now with the new Vulkan graphics... it just can't stand the heat.
    Besides if I set my java high it does have the memory to fall back on for close to memory runs and can complete the whole thing a lot quicker.