1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possible token expansion.

Discussion in 'Community Coordinator Suggestions/Feedback' started by misscatlin1951, Aug 18, 2021.

1. misscatlin1951

misscatlin1951 We die so others may live. Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    8:12 AM
    Is there any way to bring back at least some way of converting tokens to credits or allowing more items in the token purchase? I know the reasons behind this but for the loyal players that have no way of actually buying credits, it would give more of an incentive to stay with the server.
    As I said, I do know why the system went to the "Pay for play" base for outside items, and I know of several servers that do offer in-game tokens or created cash, items that can be gotten to assist the player, that would not create an unfair advantage over other players.
    Please check to see if there is anything that can be done to assist in this endeavor
    Thank you. misscatlin1951.

2. HanoverFist69

HanoverFist69 Administrator

Local Time:
    5:12 AM
    What do you have in mind?

3. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:12 PM
    I remember we had once quest reward bags for tokens but that was mostnly for 1.6&1.7 HQM packs like agrarian skies etc.
    How a bout a plugin(?) for random reward in server shop for tokens? Some sort of lottery with vanilla stuff to win like some coal, iron, ender pearls, diamonds, nether star, 16 of each wool color that kind of stuff and ut must be vanilla bc making those rewards for every modpack... ughhhh...

4. misscatlin1951

misscatlin1951 We die so others may live. Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    8:12 AM
    I know that the kits at one time were available, but I didn't have enough tokens for anything. Perhaps a small kit or like the resource kit. These are something that would really not hamper other players but allows a way to perhaps get items that they would otherwise have to wait for perhaps months when playing only an hour a day. Perhaps a random reward bag that can be bought for tokens as LordEreh has said but it still would need to have actual worth (a block of sand in a desert biome has no worth.). All mods use the basic minerals except Regrowth and perhaps SF4. Nothing fancy just some way to get something besides a claim block or some other worthless item that anyone can craft quickly. Unfortunately, I do not see that having a farm with a cow, sheep, pig, and chickens is different from having one. We each have joined at a different time and operate differently, so I can't see that anyone would have an unfair disadvantage over someone else because of a kit purchase or item. a half-full tower smelter. This is a multiplayer server. but each player does operate independently and advances at their own pace. Kits such as the ME system are for one player. How can this be a disadvantage to any other player?
    This mess has always confused me as this is for the most part a single player in his own world that has a large separation,(for the most part)from other players. A very good example would be a player that joined the server when it began being penalized for that because a player joins 6 months later and complains that he does not have the same thing.
    There is NO disadvantage to any player because of the fact that this is NOT a COMPETITION between players.
    Minecraft at inception was to challenge each player. The challenge is still there but not I can't have something because someone else does not have it. That is not fair. We need to change.
    Sorry for the longwindness.