1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Ozone Event

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by _prpl_, Feb 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fyre8

Fyre8 Active Member

Local Time:
    9:00 PM
    did you see the official news? There is no being patient >.> its all over dude

2. Batmanme123

Batmanme123 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:00 AM
    not really

3. BioChip

BioChip New Member

Local Time:
    8:00 PM
    All good MrWisski I had a lot of fun during the event + the recipe changes totally threw me off guard with progression lol

Thanks for letting us know what's going on and for taking some responsibility over it instead of something as dismissive as "hardware crash" or something ^^

4. coolgi3000

coolgi3000 Logician of the gods

Local Time:
    Well i know I had a lot of fun. If you guys ever decide to try the challenge again I'm in.

5. MC_Arthemis

MC_Arthemis ~Alicia

Local Time:
    3:00 AM
    Re-event?

No biggie tho, after all its just a game :D

6. coolgi3000

Local Time:
    Well we could always think of this as the practice run and now we're ready for the real thing ;). I hope if it happens again it's in the summer tho cus school sucks when ur in a time sensitive competition :p

7. Docxx

Docxx Active Member

Local Time:
    Well thanks for the hard work staff and the great event, hope another comes up soon, it was alot of fun :)

8. SirStudMuffin

SirStudMuffin Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I might even bring the dream team next time ;)

9. WikidSick

WikidSick Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:00 AM
    Soo your telling me, All my work is gone[DOUBLEPOST=1455681876][/DOUBLEPOST]I wanted to win :( but cant[DOUBLEPOST=1455684158,1455681698][/DOUBLEPOST]
    The thing was When the event started then at European timezone it would be midnight or over midnight

Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
  10. Riafind

Riafind Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I'd also like to give some feedback to this event:
    Personally I loved it a lot! I just think it's a great idea in general to have some competitive server every once in a while which only lasts for a few days or a week. You could think of doing this on a regular basis with different modpacks but smaller prize ranges? (Most HQM packs would probably work with this; e.g. Regrowth, AG2 and so on).

On the other side I think such an event needs good preparation so things like the mob spawning issue won't happen next time. The same goes for the custom recipes. Those you could even increase by some more recipes from the erebus dimension, which was still unavailable (because of the same reasons as twilight forest?), to actually be able to finish the questline :D If you ever need some help preparing another event, or trying things out let me know, I'm more than happy to help.

Riafind

11. SirStudMuffin

Local Time:
    From what ive seen this event was poorly prepared for and wasnt given the right information at the start like:
    -Prizes
    before we start again i think it needs to be prepared properly but thats just my opinioin so

12. WikidSick

WikidSick Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:00 AM
    Next week :D i would want tgis to restart[DOUBLEPOST=1455696794][/DOUBLEPOST]This*

13. SirStudMuffin

Local Time:
    Just seems like it was thrown together in a matter of days rather than proper planning was applied

14. Riafind

Riafind Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    As far as I can see, prpl was having some personal things going on, which imo always should have priority. But I agree with you, before you even announce such an event some good planning would be required. And since this was the first time they were hopefully able to learn something about how to do it the next time :D

15. SirStudMuffin

Local Time:
    I suggest writting a list they always help ;)
    -Start time
    -FInish time
    -Set backup configs
    -Prizes
    Something along those lines ;)

16. coolgi3000

Local Time:
    If im reading this right then ur saying that if you were not online at the time of the crash then your base was unaffected? Also (this i probably am misunderstanding) the islands that were messed up were only partially deleted?
    Either way you could still put the server back on and let people rebuild as a second node. If their base it deleted then they can do /is reset to reset it and if not then yay for them!
    And if im just really bad at understanding technical stuff then just ignore me

17. Win_J

Win_J Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    8:00 AM
    Can the competition just fully start over so it will be fair
    Make sure everything works smoothly and properly before starting it :/
    It was a fun competition due to how many mods there are in ozone and different ways of approaching end game level

18. coolgi3000

Local Time:
    I loved the idea of giving everybody flying at the start (even if half the people didnt know it was there untill a few days in) it gives everyone a nice boost so that people can spend more time on completing things and less time on obtaining some form of flying. and it also prevents a lot of game breaking disasters from falling off. such as falling off with all of your saplings or cobble or something.

19. profrags

profrags Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:00 PM
    They actually took their time to plan this event out, they had the server up way before this thread was even made because it was in the works. Even though it didn't go as planned it was still a great experience for what to do next time they host an event. Maybe next time they could have some testers play on the server before it is released to find any bugs that would have occurred if the server was actually live.

20. fizzydog64

fizzydog64 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Do we have a date when this is gonna restart, or is it just cancelled?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.