1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ProjectRed: Automated crafting BUG

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Steffen492H, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Steffen492H

Steffen492H New Member

Local Time:
    3:06 AM
    Today I found out that using the automated crafting in the ProjectRed mod in Attack of the B-Team can cause a server crash.

[​IMG]
    When creating a storage system, some players might want to improve their systems by adding automated crafting with project red. For this you have to build your standard storage system with a routed request pipe, interface pipes connected to chests with item responder chips and broadcaster chips. To improve it with autocrafting you have to add the yellow routed crafting pipe and an extension pipe.

I want to craft for example a chest. For that I filled wood in the chests.
    [​IMG]

To make the crafting station craft the chest, the routed crafting pipe needs a crafting chip, which has to be configured like this.
    [​IMG]

Second, the routed crafting pipe needs an extension pipe, which can be configured by adding a data card and placing it back to the crafting pipe.
    [​IMG]

Now if we open up the routed request pipe again, we can see that the system knows that it can craft a chest.
    [​IMG]

When trying to request the the chest, that now popped up as 0, there is a pretty good chance that the game will crash if you're testing it in singleplayer. In my case there was no crash, but when I changed the recipe in the crafting chip, I crashed when I tried requesting the chest.
    I got a 100% chance of crashing when I added a second crafting chip to the routed crafting pipe and requested one of the recipes.

Before playing in singleplayer and testing the probabilities of crashing, I tried testing out the pipes online and caused an instant crash when my chunk got loaded. I tried the same setup and was able to remove the pipes and crafting stations after a few tries. But the server kept running until I was able to join again.

I would not recommend using them and the staff should consider banning the items, since they aren't working as expected, can be replaced with other stable and more reliable setups.
    It includes
    Routed Crafting Pipe (#10653/3) - ProjectRed-Transportation
    Crafting Chip (#10614/7) - ProjectRed-Transportation
    Routed Extension Pipe (#10653/5) - ProjectRed-Transportation

2. jaari

jaari Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:06 AM
    This is not a server crash afaik, but something that causes a corrupted TileEntity.
    Single-item recipes work, but still crashes when too many items are requested at once. (64 items to a furnace works, 65 means 1 item bounces, the moment it hits something that routes the items it WILL corrupt the TileEntity).
    Multistep crafting is horribly broken.