1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Question about an extended absence

Discussion in 'Infinity Skyblock' started by Mekill, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Mekill

Mekill Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:49 PM
    Hello,

In under a month, I will be leaving the USA for Greece to spend time with family. I will be gone for about 6 weeks, and will not have internet access for that period of time (my family lives on a secluded island accessible only by boat, not too much technology there). I know that after a two week inactivity period, islands and claims are deleted. I was wondering if there was any way my island and items could remain intact during my absence, as I fully intend to resume playing when I return. Any feedback is much appreciated :)

2. stijn04356789

stijn04356789 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:49 AM
    You can already make your absence and that will make it 4 weeks. But after that I don't really know what is possible.

On what pack are you playing if I may ask?

3. ben_mkiv

ben_mkiv Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    how about using /absence and asking a friend to get online after 3 weeks, playing for 10mins and using absence again, that would give you 7 weeks

4. Tokoshoran

Tokoshoran Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:49 PM
    Sharing accounts is actually against the Minecraft terms of service. I'd say he's doing the right thing asking staff to grant an extended absence.

5. ben_mkiv

Local Time:
    well, then it's not sharing, it's a giveaway and a give back...

Also "terms of service" aren't the law and i bet that this term wouldn't hold up in a lot of countries.

6. LucidTheStick

LucidTheStick Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    They hold in the country he is in and you are in.

Remind me to look tonight if this is possible.

7. ben_mkiv

Local Time:
    depends on when you bought the game, as the term is "new" and here applies the EULA which was actual when you bought the game...

they even tell in the EULA that you aren't allowed to sell your game, which is illegal here in germany. so basicly someone could sell/give it away for the time not using it. well i don't know about us laws

here is the EULA which applies to me, when i bought the game, and not "the right to use it"...

Minecraft

but well, as the original dev is a liar, which told to make it OSS we don't have to wonder about the "huge eula" now

Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
  8. Mekill

Mekill Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Wow thanks for the feedback, sorry it took me so long to see I posted that right before I went to sleep. I know that I am technically not allowed to share my account information with anyone, so doing so would be more of a last resort option (or not an option at all). I know the /absence command can protect me for 31 days I believe, but past that I do not know what will happen. If there is nothing that can be done to make an exception and leave my island unharmed during my visit, and my island must be deleted, I guess I could deal with that as school would be starting again when I return anyway XD. Of course, I would rather be able to keep my island.

Oh, and I am playing on Infinity Skyblock Evolved, node 1.

Thanks for any help

9. ben_mkiv

Local Time:
    you can do a singleplayer download if you want to continue on your base in SP

10. Tokoshoran

Tokoshoran Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:49 PM
    Doesn't do any good when you don't have a computer.

11. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    Please create a new forum thread or private message after your last login and I will increase it.