1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Regrowth] Buy Spawn Ender Dragon Egg

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by PhantomRTW, Oct 26, 2015.

?

Should Ender dragon eggs be buyable?

1. Yes

20 vote(s)
    60.6%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    21.2%
  3. Chocolate Cake

11 vote(s)
    33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. PhantomRTW

PhantomRTW Retired Staff

Local Time:
    5:23 PM
    I said that it didnt work like that. That was the point of my statement. You seem to just be saying it isnt worth it just to be against a suggestion. One or two people not being able to afford the egg doesn't make a difference for this, because it would still make it more accessible for others.

Also, I'm not even sure that you can spawn the dragon with fish in this pack. there is no ender dragon or spawn egg of any kind in NEI other than vanilla. I'm not familiar with the mod, so I'm not entirely sure which item is required. But I'm sure it would take longer than "ten minutes". Especially starting from scratch.

2. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    "one or two" probably more, also the fish take like 10 minutes to breed up to the ones you need, then you just need patience....

3. PhantomRTW

PhantomRTW Retired Staff

Local Time:
    You ignored the part about there being no spawn ender dragon item from mariculture.

4. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    that dragon egg -> bees -> infinite enderdragons, ask around and you can prob find 6 people willing to help you on your journey with that btw

5. PhantomRTW

PhantomRTW Retired Staff

Local Time:
    That's not fish. That will not take ten minutes like you kept repeating. And no, no one on the current server is doing bees, or has any up to that point.

You keep arguing against it but have not given a single good reason there should not be a more easily accessed way to get to the ender dragon, when the pack author meant for you to be able to go to the end and fight the dragon instantly. And as we are all aware, mym takes pride on the fact that packs are to be played the way the author intended.

Which does not include needing to use bees to get to the ender dragon.

6. alfiealfie

alfiealfie Taste the flames

Local Time:
    9:23 AM
    also simply spawning the dragon wouldnt work, the pillars would still be broke, in order to get the intended MINECRAFT experience, you would need to reset the end (or summon using draconic ev, but thats not in regrowth :p)

7. PhantomRTW

PhantomRTW Retired Staff

Local Time:
    There's a way to have the crystals come back with the dragon. It's how the server I used to play on had it set up.

8. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    that isn't really required, nor what he's asking, but..
    The fact that the pack doesn't work well in an MP enviorment without special attention to other mods isn't the packmakers fault, deal with it, get to the end first on saturday, or become the outlier and do bees! the entire reason the end resets is so that stuff like this is possible

9. alfiealfie

Local Time:
    oh nvm then, but still, bees are in this pack, and whos to say the author didnt add them in to also help out with servers that only reset the end so often?

10. PhantomRTW

PhantomRTW Retired Staff

Local Time:
    Regardless, not a reason to not include something to help out the users of the server. It doesnt take away from the experience of the pack, and isnt some cheap work around to a normal experience.

Both of you are fighting against the suggestion, but there are no real reasons not to have it besides "Either get lucky or do a ton of extra work to get it". Which arent really good reasons not to have a workaround.

11. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    there is also the fact that what would you put as the end goal? what? what would be fair, balanced and reasonable that wouldn't be abused really quickly? do tell

12. PhantomRTW

PhantomRTW Retired Staff

Local Time:
    end goal for what? It isnt an end goal quest. Theres no reason to summon the dragon besides the quest in the book. As there are no mods that use its egg.

And if you are talking about a way to get the dragon, myms are used for everything else (Including removing Warp) So theres no reason it couldnt be used for this. Especially since there is no market.

13. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    So you want players being forced into voting? no, if i was playing i would NEVER tolerate this from a server, and also i fixed your side comment, (that sign has been useless for over a YEAR, it shouldn't exist yet it does)

14. PhantomRTW

PhantomRTW Retired Staff

Local Time:
    Your arguments aren't even valid at this point because I'm repeating my answers to your repeated attempts to thwart this suggestion. This really doesn't even concern you because you aren't on the regrowth server, and dont have to deal with the problems we have on it. You can try to continuously argue against it, but I will not dignify you with an anser any longer. I have countered your "reasons" already, and you are grasping for air at this point.

I will wait for either a staff member or someone that actively plays the server to comment.

Sandstroem likes this.
  15. alfiealfie

Local Time:
    also, im fairly certain that there IS a use for the egg if magic bees is on there, essence of the lost time i believe[DOUBLEPOST=1445910505][/DOUBLEPOST]and were not fighting it, were stating that there are better ways to make this happen, not everyone will have the suggested amount of MyM's by this point, and some might do before, and would take ages for the people with-ought the money to obtain it, so possibly charge an endgame resource that you would have by this point anyway, or SHOULD, maybye lots and lots of eyes of ender and some pearls seems fair, with some other things to keep it ender themed

16. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    that doesn't negate the validity of my arguments, as I am taking from my personal experience what I would *personally* do if I was trapped in your situation, and no countering my argument with this doesn't concern you isn't countering it, it's avoiding it, a solution was ALREADY implemented, it's called the weekly resets, there are 2 ways of getting it now,

17. alfiealfie

Local Time:
    got the biggest fright when i scrolled down and clicked this, never seen it before in my life :O

18. Kutao217

Kutao217 New Member

Local Time:
    I honestly don't think selling eggs would be good. When there are other ways to get what is needed then there is no need to sell eggs. I understand that people need the kill for a quest. It may seem like a good idea at first but I'm sure it would end up with many dragons flying around the end while people leave out for some player to go in and get eaten alive...

19. Kazeodori

Kazeodori Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:23 PM
    This is Regrowth, no trading.

And would still love a dragon spawn egg. I'd rather not delve into the pain that setting up and breeding fish and bees is for me.

20. PhantomRTW

PhantomRTW Retired Staff

Local Time:
    I could see this happening, but I think a cool down might be able to help with that problem. Or an egg limit per player. It doent need to be a renewable source of dragons. Just a single one for help with quests.