1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Regrowth] Buy Spawn Ender Dragon Egg

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by PhantomRTW, Oct 26, 2015.

?

Should Ender dragon eggs be buyable?

1. Yes

20 vote(s)
    60.6%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    21.2%
  3. Chocolate Cake

11 vote(s)
    33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Kazeodori

Kazeodori Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:22 PM
    The other option is to have a Saturday once a month where the end can be reset frequently. The problem that we're having on Regrowth is due to the quest book resets we've had. People were either just getting up to the dragon, or had already done it. And now that things got reset, every one needs it at once. So it becomes a sticking point and trouble to get done.

profrags and middo29 like this.
  2. Lawmonark

Lawmonark Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:22 AM
    You can make dragon spawn eggs via Mariculter.
    You can make dragon eggs from bees.

I do not think they should sell spawn eggs.

@chugga_fan what other mods allow it now? i been away for a while... :p

3. Chetwynd

Chetwynd Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:22 AM
    Magical Google + NEI can help you :D

4. Naramoix

Naramoix Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I am not against this idea.

The amount of times we have to fight to get there first is ridiculous. Because of this, people who have the quest book on 90% won't be able to actually finish the book because someone else was first etc. While this may not seem like a big deal, it is incredibly frustrating, especially with the book resets that have been going on in the past.

Now, what I suggest is that people have to get a certain item with mym's and then call in online staff, who give them a dragon egg to spawn the dragon in.
    This way staff still has control and people can't spawn in 100 at a time.

I also realize I am most likely throwing myself under the bus with that suggestion, but as a player on that server, I feel their frustration.

p.s. Bees and Fish is just ridiculous to do. The fish most people don't even touch and the bees require very very late game biome changes to actually work.

middo29 likes this.
  5. Lawmonark

Local Time:
    You can spawn the dragon yourself.

I think there is a bee that resurrects mobs via mob drops. So with a dragon egg, you can spawn one.
    Phantasmal Bee - Official Feed The Beast Wiki

You can make a dragon egg via bee products.

Also mariculter adds a way to make spawn eggs.

Since there are ways in the pack to make the dragon re-spawn, i don't think they should sell them. Your playing a progression pack. If you want to progress, do the bee/fish. Personally i think fish are faster and easier then bees.

BookerTheGeek likes this.
  6. middo29

middo29 New Member

Local Time:
    i'm vastly in favour of this spawn egg idea, for those of us who desperately need to kill the dragon to proceed in the questline, and for those complaining about not having mym's you get like 300 a day for voting, go click a link or two.[DOUBLEPOST=1445949511][/DOUBLEPOST]
    once again bee's require biome changes, so you're missing the point, i'm also guessing you already have killed the dragon? in which case yes I see your frustration that it may be made easier for other players, but it will make the overall gameplay better as people will progress and not just quit because they get stuck at a questline.

7. Lawmonark

Local Time:
    Ok, im against the selling of an egg if it can be farmed.

If they sell an Egg or Make a sign in the end that spawns the dragon, it would need a cooldown.
    One cool down for each player so it cant be farmed. Maybe a one month cooldown.
    And another so multiple people cant spawn it at the same time.

The ideal ways of going about this would to have a special end just for the spawning.
    One issue i see happening is the portals that spawns after killing a dragon, littering the end.
    There would need to be some sort of auto cleaning of them.
    like once a dragon is spawned the old portal is removed, kinda how it is in 1.9.

middo29 likes this.
  8. middo29

middo29 New Member

Local Time:
    THIS. IS. GENIUS. 'nuff said

9. Naramoix

Naramoix Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I like the idea of the sign + cooldown if it can be implemented. That way staff wouldn't even have to be involved. Good idea Krhymez

middo29 likes this.
  10. M1NN10N

M1NN10N Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:22 AM
    Just my opinion here but here it is. The pack author obviously thought about the fact that there would be servers set up to play this pack on, otherwise there would not be 2 different ways of re-summoning the dragon. Just because you do not want to do it does not mean that it is not an option. Please remember that the work that everyone here does to make your minecraft experience and excellent one is volunteer based. That being said I think that adding in coding to only allow one dragon to be summoned at a time in the end would be fairly difficult. The sign with a cool down I don't think would be that bad. But, to prevent the enormous workload that would result after having 5 or more dragons flying around the end simply would be terrible.

The reason it is so hard to make the dragon egg is because it is meant to be hard. Do I think we should get items out of killing the dragon that make better items (similar to the wither and nether star) absolutely. However, that is not in the game here so not really much I think we can do.

These are my personal opinions and do not represent the opinions of any other member of staff current or past.

BookerTheGeek and Lawmonark like this.
  11. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    Why not just do a daily reset of the end?

PhantomRTW likes this.
  12. matijase

matijase Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Dragon eggs should be buyable on the market. When a new server starts ewery player who has /god and /fly is able to rush to the end and obtain the egg. So it makes sense that ewery player shuld be able to obtain it and not yust the skilled/premium players.

13. Pein_Rikudo

Pein_Rikudo Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I agree. The same can be said of disturbed and wispy cotton in the dream dimension. Players with no /god or /fly have a harder time getting certain items

14. matijase

matijase Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Those are not rare and you are able to get them without trouble.

15. PhantomRTW

PhantomRTW Retired Staff

Local Time:
    In Regrowth, the dream world is a small island surrounded by tons of water. Very limited supply.

But It's really a different topic.

profrags likes this.
  16. Kazeodori

Kazeodori Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:22 PM
    Killing the ender dragon isn't even the last quest. It's just a blocking point, and to even start with the bees or fish, you have to be much further along in witchery or thaumcraft to even have a chance of farming those. Biome changes are not cheap.

This is going a little off topic, but it really deserves an answer.
    Ahahahahaahaha... No, not atm they aren't easy to get. Just the other day, profrags was searching for wispy cotton and couldn't find any... Except on the other side of the world border. He ended up rage quitting and we had his corpse sitting around.

profrags likes this.
  17. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    actually no, no biome changes required, you can do it all in the end! the breeding is tricky though, breeding them to get a flower requiring trait that ISN'T the dragon egg is the hardest part, other than that yhea, it's actually pretty easy
    there are weekly end resets..... -.- and there are 2 other ways (possibly, not sure) to obtain it in the pack iirc

18. PhantomRTW

PhantomRTW Retired Staff

Local Time:
    Yes, at midnight German time. Which isnt a time that everyone can go. And even then, it would take well over 30 weeks for every player to be able to get kill that way.

And as far as I know, theres no way in this pack to spawn the dragon with fish, as Ive stated previously. And as others have said, Bees are not an acceptable way to do a quest that is meant to be very simple and in quite early progression.

19. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    so.... wait. you mean to tell me, that even though you have some (really) simple ways (bees are easy if you know anything of what you're doing, their just tedious) to get it you're going to ignore them and throw them out of the window as options? No True Dragon Spawning (No True Scotsman)

20. PhantomRTW

PhantomRTW Retired Staff

Local Time:
    Bees are not really that simple. That has been stated here by a couple of people. You repeating it doesn't make it any more true.