1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Regrowth] Buy Spawn Ender Dragon Egg

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by PhantomRTW, Oct 26, 2015.

?

Should Ender dragon eggs be buyable?

1. Yes

20 vote(s)
    60.6%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    21.2%
  3. Chocolate Cake

11 vote(s)
    33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. matijase

matijase Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:37 PM
    Make a boat and roam to another island ;)

2. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    12:37 PM
    explain how it takes 5 minutes of googling to figure out how bees works, NEI also helps alot.... bees are alot more simple but no one likes them because their tedious

3. Pein_Rikudo

Pein_Rikudo Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I've actually spent 3 hours in the dream world, speed boat and all. Been to all four border walls (the whole southern part of the map is ocean btw) and several islands some big some only a few blocks. I'm still going to try one more time but I was on the previous world and it was the same thing. But of course discussion should continue in the other post, just stating somewhat small similarities.

So the end resets every Saturday, albeit at an inconvenient time for many, is it possible to reset twice in one day perhaps once a month? It really is a minor quest but completely halts progression in that quest line

4. Kazeodori

Kazeodori Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:37 AM
    Okay. Sure. Tedious.

THIS IS A GAME. I play to have fun. Bees are not fun for me, and for many others.

5. M1NN10N

M1NN10N Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    So, just because you do not want to do it we should change the mechanics of the pack to suit your needs? Not trying to be a meanie here but that seems presumptuous to say that you know better than the pack author how the pack should be run. There is another way to spawn the dragon just because you do not want to do it does not make it any less of an option. I am sorry that this is not agreeable to you but it is what it is. My question here is what does the pack author have to say about this issue? Have you posted about it to the pack author?

That being said I am attempting to find out if we could have another option and hope to have it sorted out by this weekend. Please, understand that we are attempting to resolve the issues of not being able to progress and understand how annoying it is to have to keep doing things over and over.

6. Kazeodori

Kazeodori Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:37 AM
    I'm just frustrated because some people are assuming bees/fish are normal on this pack. The only ways to change biome are pretty advanced, and you end up changing large chunks of the biome instead of little bits.

7. PhantomRTW

PhantomRTW Retired Staff

Local Time:
    I don't think that Bees are how the mod author designed you to kill the ender dragon. If that were the case then I would think that the ender dragon quest would be in a Bee questline, or it would mention to use bees for the resurrection in the book, which it is not. The quest book has you make the portal, go to the end, kill the ender dragon.

You also have to go pretty far out of your way to get to bees, pretty late game in the modpack, while The need for the ender dragon is pretty early on. Forestry and Magic bee seem to go with the whole "regrowth" Theme, so I would assume that ould be the reason it was there, more than JUST to raise the dragon.

I'm glad that this issue is at least being looked into by staff. Thank you for taking the time :).

8. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    11:37 AM
    This is a server based out of europe... Really what did you expect? Also the reset time is a good one as it affects the least amount of players as it does require a server reboot.

Operative word here... As far as YOU know. Do not assume anything.

Is their an alternative way of doing something? Then it is acceptable to tell you to do it that way.

Bess are enjoyable for many a player. Please do not make assumptions on what is considered fun by the majority of the players.

I assume nothing. I do not believe we said they are on normal, but they they exist and are an alternative method of getting what you are asking for.

For everybody making an issue over this. Have any of you asked the mod pack author of alternative ways to get that quest completed? Realistically I would imagine that he did foresee his pack being played on a server, and put in a mechanic to go around this issue. What mechanic is already built into the modpack to deal with this issue?

Also, we don't have a market on the server for a reason, this would break that.

chugga_fan likes this.
  9. alfiealfie

alfiealfie Taste the flames

Local Time:
    4:37 AM
    nicely said booker, and yes, i am one of the "few" who enjoy bees, as they are quite fun when you get into the swing of things and are a useful alternative to getting thaumcraft research fragments as apposed to a cultist farm :D

julio1237878 likes this.
  10. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    as i just SAID for these bees you DO NOT need to change the biome for them, you only need to setup inside of the end

BookerTheGeek likes this.
  11. Pein_Rikudo

Local Time:
    Do you do the bees to end game in regrowth? Just wondering

12. alfiealfie

Local Time:
    i did, i automated the creation of a few things with them, knowledge frags where my fav

13. Pein_Rikudo

Local Time:
    Ah. I always use the botania flowers for thaum stuff

14. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    I hate quoting myself, but I am actually wondering why it is no option to just increase the number of resets. I guess most of it should be automated, right?

15. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    this is to have people the opportunity to setup farms for enderpearls quickly, it's not against anyone, but there's a reason

16. alfiealfie

Local Time:
    also you need ender shards for ichor, i THINK, not sure if tinkerer is on regrowth, been a while :/

17. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    Ok thanks, that makes sense.