1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Regrowth] Primordial Pearls and Uses

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by Sandian, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Sandian

Sandian New Member

Local Time:
    11:10 PM
    (Credit BookerTheGeek for original idea of Pearl duplication via infusion)

Primordial pearls are essentially impossible to obtain once all of the Eldritch Obelisks are used up. So, why not simply add a new infusion to solve the issue?

Via a Thaumcraft infusion of the Primordial Pearl (Thaumcraft), two Powerless Pearls (Witching Gadgets) are created. Thereafter, they can each be infused to recreate two Primordial Pearls.

I for one want the Crimson Praetor armor, and quite a few others want the loot drops of the four other Thaumcraft Outer Lands bosses. So, why not add a new spawn egg recipe to solve this issue as well?

Via a Botania infusion, each spawn egg can be created. Thereafter, it is up to MyM to decide where it is spawnable (just like Withers with the Nether).

Thanks for reading.

2. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    this breaks the intent of primordial pearls -.- please try to get both farmworlds reset, as that does the trick

3. Sandian

Sandian New Member

Local Time:
    You're the idiot from Infinity again... This is for Regrowth. "Please try to get both farmworlds reset, as that does the trick" You mean the ONE farmworld that was just reset today.

4. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    am i a regular player of regrowth? no, therefore i did not know that there wasn't a normal farmworld, such hostility to such understandable lack of knowledge from the fact i don't play the pack, if there isn't why @Administrator why (if there isn't) isn't there a normal farmworld for the regrowth server?

5. Mijikai

Mijikai Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:10 AM
    Regrowth doesn't generate the same as Infinity, giving it an Overworld farmworld like Infinity has, would completely break the pack and other progression within the pack.

Regrowth = HQM
    You get everything from the HQM, and farmworlds are mainly used for Thaumcraft & Wood - Mainly people get to the point where the farmworld isn't even needed.

In short; There is a normal Farmworld for Regrowth, it just looks different to Infinity, because they both have different looking overworlds.

6. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    AH, understood, if so, is it possible if you guys add elderitch obelisks to the farmworld then, as that would solve this problem in conjunction, unless the portals are able to be made from HQM

7. Mijikai

Local Time:
    Eldritch Obelisks do spawn in the farmworld ;)

8. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    then why is this a problem? a simple reset of said farmworld, should, in essence, fix this (which is what i suggested in the first place Mr.Rude @Sandian )

9. Mijikai

Local Time:
    The farmworld was reset recently, I even personally reset dim-42 (Eldritch Dungeons) after the Farmworld was done to fix the Obelisks ability to create new Dungeons
    You should be able to find an Eldritch Obelisks? - I've been told there are tons still available

Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
  10. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    the obelisks are often destroyed by people who are (*^^&O(*&s to thaumcrafters and are used fast and you need to open them outside of said dimension to get in

11. MrSquidward_

MrSquidward_ Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:10 AM
    Sandian dont be that rude with other people...

12. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    there have been much, much worse people, trust me

13. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    10:10 PM
    Back to the original idea as was dicussed in TS.

The idea is to reduce the need for farmworld resets, and as such require less time for the admins of the server, giving them more time for more important things.

And @chugga, if you think my fix's are game breaking... come play regrowth and spawn in some coven witches. ;)

14. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    i kinda do think that those coven witches are OP with the spawn eggs, also your comma made it impossible to tag me, coven witches do spawn naturally though, and shouldn't be so rare as to be impossible to find, however, primordial pearls are supposted to be an INSANELY hard to get and rare resource, which is why i oppose this

15. BookerTheGeek

Local Time:
    Thank you for you opinion @chugga

So these are my reasons for creating a custom pearl recipe.
    • Primordial pearls are required for thaumcraft. These are only able to be aquired from the thaumcraft obelisks.
    • Due to issues, their were only a couple of obelisks on the original map for the overworld and farmworld. This is now fixed for the farmworld. Mostly.
    • while their are now many obelisks in the farm world, we have an issue. People or persons are going around and destroying the obelisks. Within three hours of the reset, more then 10% of the obelisks I personally found had been already destroyed. Others found more.
    • Due to the extra add-ons in this pack, to be able to build all the end game thaumcraft items, you need 5 pearls, and you will loose two of them.
      • One is lost in an infinite ink set
      • one is lost in the crusher.
      • three are required for the armour, tool and weapon infusion
      • BM/FM Require one for the end game blood orb
    • So realistically, you need at minimum 5 or 6 pearls.
    • also, pearls are used to boost nodes, which destroyed the pearl.
    So as you can see, while their are a lot of obelisks now, we are going to have issues down the road. I can easily see a few people getting 90% of the pearls within a week or so. And to ask staff to reset the farmworld that often is not ok.

Mijikai likes this.
  16. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    ink set isn't required nor are crusher, and the threee you just mentioned gives you the broken version, the FM final one does use, that means you need 3 pearls...

17. Pein_Rikudo

Pein_Rikudo Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    With so many end game players I believe a recipe is necessary. Unfortunately there are some who are just greedy as well as wanting to be the only ones having the end game thaumcraft items. Less work for the admins seems like a good idea

18. julio1237878

julio1237878 Game enthusiastic

Local Time:
    8:10 PM
    Chugga it breaks progression but its nothing that a good recipe using Thaumcraft end game materials can fix

Example creating it with the Botania table "Forgot its name"

Cost a full mana pool

4 Elritch eyes
    all the shards + a balance one
    and a node in the jar
    1 great wood and silver wood

Just a opinion

In regrowth those materials are very endgame trust me you need other mobs to create this

19. BookerTheGeek

Local Time:
    Already have a recipe in mind...

• Infusion alter recipie.
    • Would require a full jar of each third tier essentia for the infusion.
    • Infusion is as unstable as game mechanics allow.
    • requires 13 item.
    Items required as follows:
    1. Nether star block
    2. Spacial storage cell
    3. Dense A.E. energy storage cell
    4. Fobidden Magic blood orb
    5. TBD witchery item
    6. Blood Magic tier 6 slate
    7. Top tier jabba barrel storage structure upgrade.
    8. Gaia ingot
    9. Buildcraft robot
    10. Elderich eye x4
    This is a w.i.p. recipe, and would require you to have already researched how to recharge a primordial pearl. You would place a pearl in the infussion alter and this would create 3 of the spent pearls.

Feel free to come get all all of this by youself, without donor perks, before you decide to comment on how this breaks progression, if you feel it is not balanced enough.

As you do not play this pack, I personally do not feel that your ideas of what will break progression or go against mod themes are in this specific case valid, untill you are actually playing this pack. No hard feelings

20. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    my problem, is that that is expensive, and ridiculous, as literaly it'd be almost impossible without a perfectally stable altar to complete that.... and the FM blood orb would have to be made twice, as the thing doesn't accept NBT data, requiring for one primordial pearl one primordial pearl btw