1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Remove sandtorms *if possible*

Discussion in 'Forever Stranded' started by All_Mighty_POWA, May 21, 2017.

?

Should sandstorms be disabled?

1. Yes

48.1%
  2. No

33.3%
  3. Potato

18.5%
  1. All_Mighty_POWA

All_Mighty_POWA Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:34 PM
    Hello, I've been playing for a couple of days in the stranded server and this is starting to annoy me, every so often comes a sandstorm and I stop being able to move cause the FPS drops to 1-2.
    I'd like to see if it would be possible for them to get removed for a better experience on the server.
    The only thing I know they're useful for is "realism" and making annoying sand deposits everywhere...
    I'm also starting a vote to see if other users are interested.

Thank you for reading :)

NEW DISCOVERY: Weather deflector-> negates sandstorms. Even though it's annoying in the beginning, all you need is a bit of redstone iron and gold to prevent sandstorms. I changed my vote to "No".
    Also I'd like to apologize as I feel like I may have mislead people to think that sandstorms were un managable.

Last edited: May 21, 2017
  2. Minsi3

Minsi3 Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    3:34 AM
    I agree

3. Peace7904

Peace7904 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:34 PM
    It's a major pain to get anything done during a sandstorm and that's just from the FPS drop.

4. mani20000

mani20000 Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    7:34 PM
    Yeah, remove them. Everybody suffers these FPS drops.

5. iStarlightz

iStarlightz Prince Cuddles

Local Time:
    1:34 PM
    On the first 1-2 days the FPS drops due to sandstorms were not that bad... then again there was not like 30+ players online for the sandstorm to render for.

Also i have a pretty decent computer and my FPS drops to 10-20 from 200-250

6. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    If they cause massive lags it's the one and the only "yes" for remove them - but if they are removed you could make cacti wall that is impossible with it...and that is huuuuuuuuge advantage

7. JamesYong

JamesYong Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:34 AM
    LOL 1 day with more than 1 sandstorm cannot do anything much... need to clear sand layer cause some lag too

8. All_Mighty_POWA

Local Time:
    I have a cactus wall even with the sandstorms going on

9. LordEreh

Local Time:
    strange, sandstorm should destroy cacti so cacti walls cannot be possible

10. All_Mighty_POWA

Local Time:
    upload_2017-5-21_16-48-39. Never had any issues xp

11. Timkoo

Timkoo Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Am I the only one that answered "No"?

12. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    10:34 AM
    that moment when you boot up the modpack, try editing the controls and immediately get lag. I haven't even logged in yet D:

13. Broklyn_Datroll

Broklyn_Datroll Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:34 AM
    Until and unless they become an issue to server performance, we have no real reason to disable them. The inconvenience they cause is just one more part of what makes this modpack a challenge. Ultimately, our Admin team and Founders consider all angles and sides of a situation before changing settings or disabling parts of a Modpack. The Pack's creator included them for a reason after all.

14. Shalay

Shalay Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:34 PM
    i agree with broklyn but also i dont immagine the creator had intended this pack to be played by 30+ players at the same time either

15. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    How does the amount of players affect client-side performance unless they are all at one place?
    Am I missing something?

16. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    Did someone try without particles yet by disabling them in the settings?

17. Minsi3

Minsi3 Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    3:34 AM
    Yep its the blocks being generated with 1 person its not bad... but with 30 it lags alot

iStarlightz likes this.
  18. All_Mighty_POWA

Local Time:
    I currently have optifine and I disabled everything I could, put everything on minimal settings, got 8Gb dedicated to minecraft, 1Gb PermGen, and still get 1-2 FPS with sandstorms. I pretty much become a sitting duck during sand storms, if I didn't have /god I'd die every time a sandstorm hits cause I wouldn't be able to get around my base to get water

19. Shalay

Shalay Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:34 PM
    all particles are off all settings to the lowest sandstorms blow in making more blocks for everyone world generation causes lag massive mobs spawn lag amounts of entity's appearing mass lag not just fps but tps also when i 1st logged in i seen talk about limiting mob spawns that will help especially during blood moons for possibly 10 ppl normal settings are perfect but when you gave 30 + players in the area it tends to get more that difficult it becomes impossible to do anything this is coming from a guy that is used to playing with 20-30 fps on most servers also high end pcs prolly handle the generation no problem but most of us seem to have older out dated pcs how this affects client side performance i dunno but if it was just me i wouldn't mind but alot of ppl are having the same issue i appologize if it seems im complaining alot here don't take it the wrong way please i love this server and also the staff here is great and you also are the only server that i have found to keep crashed landing and also the 1st and prolly the only server to do forever stranded also you have packs most dont even try or keep thank you for all your work and effort

20. All_Mighty_POWA

Local Time:
    Blood moons have been disabled :)

21. LordEreh

Local Time:
    No