1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Removing source water in Beyond server

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by Junior_mint90, May 17, 2020.

1. Junior_mint90

Junior_mint90 Active Member

Local Time:
    11:25 PM
    Playing the FTB beyond server and want to remove source water blocks. Been trying to find a workable pump but so far not finding anything that will remove a room of source blocks. Sponges seem incredibly hard to find and MFFS system goes overboard.

I am looking to make an underwater base with tunnels and other things so removing a square room of water is not very ideal as my setup wont be square and may contain many different shapes, particularly the top area. To accomplish this I have been using builder wands and spamming blocks in the initial space then replacing them later with what i want but this is excessively time consuming to do.

I would use IC2 pump/miner but when i read the wiki it seemed to only be able to deal with lava bu not source water blocks.

Ranged pumps just pumps everything and disregards walled spaces so thats out.

If anyone has a suggestion on what i could use to pump water source blocks out of walled spaces then please reply otherwise im gonna need to hunt for sponges.

2. AoifeEnns

AoifeEnns Consultant

Local Time:
    The problem with water is, once you remove source block of water, if there is a source touching 2 sides of it, it will create a new source. Infinite water and all that. If sponges are too rare, you can just fill the area with sand/gravel or something you have a lot of, and easily breakable. Builders wands help placing it all.

3. Junior_mint90

Local Time:
    That's what I have been doing using a builders wand and filling it with cheap blocks then breaking them but i was hoping there might be a pump that could clear out enclosed spaces.

4. Junior_mint90

Local Time:
    Actually while searching randomly for a water breathing ring i stumbled upon a quite beautiful solution of my own called the "ring of liquid banning". Pretty easy to craft and what it does is remove all water or lava within 3 block radius of your person and uses RF energy to do it. The cool thing about beyond is that while testing this in the farmworld i noticed that water source blocks generate even in oceans so you could remove a ton of water source blocks in the ocean but as long as there is some still at every level it will refill with source blocks. Hope this post helps anyone else too. The ring is part of actually additions