1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decided Against reset infinity

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by sp33draft, Feb 27, 2021.

?

what do you think should happen

1. reset

2. a new node

3. nothing

4. potato

5. avocado

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    9:18 PM
    Why clean it up at all? It is minecraft. Get some blocks and rebuild it. Or live in a post-apocalyptic style base. There are servers that have not been reset for a decade and create entire YouTube channels about that. Maybe if you want some longevity consider for once not reseting or cleaning up the history of a server.

SovereignEternal likes this.
  2. Gabezetrainboy4

Gabezetrainboy4 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:18 PM
    While I am partial to your sentiment, the player base has spoken. The condition of the overworld is at a point in which new players cannot find an untarnished area to construct something. While it is nice to see server history, massive scale grief and holes in the ground is anything but optimal.

sp33draft and SovereignEternal like this.
  3. SovereignEternal

SovereignEternal Former Admin, I'll be back.

Local Time:
    The biggest problem with doing what Sand suggested is that, while it would be cool to build in abandoned bases, it goes against MyM's rules. Anything player built is to be left untouched, so players would have to make a ticket every time they wished to build in an abandoned area, just to get permission to be there.

sp33draft likes this.
  4. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    9:18 PM
    First I should add that my suggestion is focused on those longtime servers like Infinity Normal or BTeam, where people tend to stick around and less on Expert packs.

Arguing against my suggestion by quoting the rules is pointless, because then I can argue against those rules. Once those abandoned bases get reported to the staff team to be generated, most valuable stuff like machines etc has already been looted anyway. All that is left are abandoned buildings. So why not consider to make them fair game. Would be interesting to see what happens if a server like that existed.

But sadly this won't happen because MyM has a history of being very resistant to changes and thinking outside of the box. Which is not surprising, since it is a characteristic of most "big players" in a certain industry.

sp33draft likes this.
  5. SovereignEternal

SovereignEternal Former Admin, I'll be back.

Local Time:
    You are welcome to argue against the rules, but my point still stands; you would need to argue for those rules to be changed before making a stand for the original suggestion, which was my whole point in the first place.

As for this, it has nothing to do with MyM being "resistant to changes and thinking outside of the box," but plays more to your second sentence, 'big players.' It is because we are a big player, mainly because of the size of the playerbase, that we most likely couldn't afford to change these rules. It is a sad truth, but with that many people, something is undoubtedly going to go wrong, which is why these rules are in place: for a standard on which players can understand their boundaries.

Please understand that we are not resistant to change; the staff want players to have an enjoyable place to go after a long day (or a short one). As I said, any changes you feel need to be made can be, most preferably under the suggestions page on the forum. In any case, it was decided against, so I'll lock this thread, as further replies are no longer necessary.

Happy gaming, and as Lir said in TWoM, don't forget to love each other! (I loved that, I might be using it in all of my posts)

sp33draft likes this.
  6. TrashGothAoife

TrashGothAoife Consultant

Local Time:
    We would need to modify the rules for this, which, honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing some discussion on. Strictly for the bases, but we would probably have to work out some changes, especially with the ability to restore bases. Ones that a player has built, then relocated I could see working well for that, since the player who built it is intentionally abandoning it, while stripping it of valuables.

Now that being said that isn't really applicable to why this thread was made, and the mass destruction of overworld on Infinity. Abandoned bases are one thing. They look cool, add an almost lore like thing to the server, but what we have seen, and often see, especially on infinity, is people taking staff of power/terra shatterer to the overworld leaving LARGE amounts of grief with 9x9 to 15x15 tunnels and square holes all over the place. These are unsightly, in my opinion, and ruin the game in a less than fun way for players to build around.

We also get specific requests from players, so it's not just us going on to clean these up, it is also often prompted by a player asking us to clean up a mess that someone else made.

TLDR: I wouldn't be against leaving abandoned bases, with machines removed, but there is a lot that would need to be discussed before that could be implemented

BetaPetey and sp33draft like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.