1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RPG Server Suggestion

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Kiiyuka, Jan 6, 2018.

1. WinterBornOne

WinterBornOne Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:58 PM
    you know if anybody here has played Ragnarok online we could have something like the war of empyrean where the kingdoms compete to be in control of a special dungeon what we put in that dungeon besides better loot maybe special mine shaft or some kinda of weekly competition

2. Kiiyuka

Kiiyuka Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:58 PM
    Oooo! I do love that idea. Kinda like... territory war? If you fight and win against X, you get to own a special dungeon or special npc who can craft some magical and amazing things...

----
    The game I used to play has Territory war, basically the whole map is divided into tier 1, 2 and 3 land. If you own a tier one, you get weekly income, if you own 3 tier 1, you can fight for tier 2... again, more cons for the faction and free teleport to cities in that territory... And tier 3 has special npcs that allow you to craft better potions and things. Each faction could bid on the land they want to own. If they win the bidding, they fight against the current owners of the land or against a bunch of mobs. And so, this would repeat every week or two.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  3. The_Icy_One

The_Icy_One Procrastinates by doing work

Local Time:
    This sounds like it would encourage players to move into one or two big factions, unless there were some sort of exponentially increasing cost on the number of players in the faction.

4. WinterBornOne

Local Time:
    well maybe we could cap faction sizes like only 25 players per faction i mean we have to consider how many players could play on a server at any given time

5. Kiiyuka

Kiiyuka Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    They would be of course capped. The cap could be potentially increased when there are more people playing on the server, I think. The max amount of people that can join in at once is 50 people(Tho that can probably be increased by a bit). So we need to remember that when capping... I would say 20 people would be enough, so if there is TW(territorial war) and both factions have 20 active players each, there is still room for the random players to play at their own pace.

----
    Also, tiered(a lot of tiers going around...) guilds - Tier one can only have 5 players, tier 2 can have 10 and finaaaallllyy, tier 3 can have 20... Or something like that.

6. The_Icy_One

Local Time:
    Personally, I think soft caps may be better, as they would allow for more dynamic sizing, for example naturally limiting factions to a few players early on, but allowing them to later afford the increasing upkeep from having more players.

7. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:58 AM

Is that the game where I beat up those cute pink slimes?

8. WinterBornOne

Local Time:
    you mean porings then yes lol

9. The_Icy_One

Local Time:
    Sometimes you may sound a little insane.

10. wyndman

Local Time:
    That's because I'm only a little insane*

*Insanity is a legal term, the Diagnostic Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders does not utilize this term, nor do mental health professionals outside a legal setting in regards to competence or mental state.

The_Icy_One likes this.
  11. Xyrik

Xyrik [Knight of Arashi]

Local Time:
    10:58 AM
    This sounds quite a lot like Vox Populi, except with mods, and I'm 10000% for that.

12. The_Icy_One

Local Time:
    This reddit post has a few potential ideas of use, especially that of resource scarcity along with regenerating mines and farms. I actually have a mod coming out shortly that could help with the latter, and I think there are already mods which allow limiting of ore and resource generation.

I also particularly liked the idea of a custom-made map using Worldpainter, although I'm not sure how well it works with modded biome additions.

13. wyndman

Local Time:
    Limited resources tend to be frustrating when you are first starting out, it also adds another layer of balancing to the start of the game. If we're thinking along the lines of GT Horizons ore generation I'd throw my keyboard across the room when you're dealing with that with the hordes of people enjoying the pack.

14. WinterBornOne

Local Time:
    i loved the heck out of that referenced post. i never played horizons but you have to think were also limiting what say i miner could mine based on his mining level+tool and giving miners trips in the "enchanted" cave daily with say ability unlocks or donation bonuses for additional trips into it. plus we could link the cave to the miners level having more ore types spawn based on the miners level there fore for larger factions having more miners to support a growing player group. since miners will support directly several professions its about resource management in a way to your kingdom its the other aspect of warfare.

and hand tailoring biome areas and making those determine what grows where would be amazing. you need wheat but are in a desert but they need oil well better set up good diplomatic relations for oil sales

15. wyndman

Local Time:
    If we lean towards the ground work set-forth by MCMMO the idea that the higher level of mining the more material you get per mining session might work out just fine. Maybe add some sort of realism to the idea of mining by throwing in some ex nihilo style additions, sure you only found gravel and cobble stone, but maybe that can be processed further giving you tiny bits of other resources.

16. WinterBornOne

Local Time:
    like iron ore giving you ore and some broken chunks or the ore gives broken chunks and you have t take the simple steps to get some tony bit extra tho personally i might like the idea of staying away form ore doubling
    [doublepost=1517329427][/doublepost]well that's why you have multiple classes and it would be instanced per each entrance ticket in my idea

17. Gabraii

Gabraii Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I'm all for Ex Nihilo or something along the lines thereof; the main drawback to a setup where you have to earn access to resources which are limited is that many players will feel that once they've stripped their mine, there's nothing to do except wait for it to regenerate and so they will log out. By throwing Ex Nihilo into the mix, and possible stripping down the loot table (so you can only get, say, coal and iron and other basics), people will be rewarded for spending additional 'grind time' on the server, which will keep it populated, which will keep it popular, etc. etc.

18. The_Icy_One

Local Time:
    I'm thinking it might be more palatable with use of prebuilt, respawning mines, similar to Runescape's ones.

mrminesheeps likes this.
  19. Xyrik

Xyrik [Knight of Arashi]

Local Time:
    10:58 AM
    So I'm curious, I thought I'd heard that MyM was doing a Divine Journey server, what would be the significant difference between that and this, just that this one is hand-crafted and tailored by the team or what?

I'm definitely in favor, it sounds cool, but I also really want to play Divine Journey. Perhaps some sort of Divine Journey+ where it has custom MyM changes?

20. The_Icy_One

Local Time:
    Divine Journey is an expert mode pack, this is more an RPG styling. They're completely different in aim.

mrminesheeps likes this.