1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RPG Server Suggestion

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Kiiyuka, Jan 6, 2018.

1. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:37 AM
    I've got a job for you then dubby...

2. The_Icy_One

The_Icy_One Procrastinates by doing work

Local Time:
    10:37 AM
    I've got a job for you then dubby...

3. wyndman

Local Time:
    I didn't accidentally double post that.. I wonder if she will answer though.. @dubhnoir

4. dubhnoir

dubhnoir Community Coordinator

Local Time:
    She shall! What is it? ^^

5. The_Icy_One

Local Time:
    So I did a form for survey purposes.
    RPG Modpack

I'll probably put it in its own thread later.
    [doublepost=1518275056,1518225320][/doublepost]There we go

6. Kiiyuka

Kiiyuka Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Why make it a different thread? Keep it all in one...

Edit: I looked through that survey... Sure, you threw together a bunch of questions, but do you realize that people will select certain things that just wont fit in with the theme simply because those things are in their comfort-zone? xD "I love IC2, I played with it on alll the modpacks, it has to be here toooo!" Does is necessary fits in? No. Is it in their comfort-zone? Yes.
    And then, if admins dont add in mod that had the most votes, people might get upset...

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
  7. AlphaRue

AlphaRue Egotistic Extremely Important Member

Local Time:
    1st: results arent public
    2nd: the person(s) that actually put the time into this things would obviously make the final decisions on all mods
    3rd: if you put in enough time and effort you can make almost anything fit, it is more a question of whether it is worth that time and effort to make it fit, and then about whether it actually improves the pack

8. The_Icy_One

Local Time:
    This was mostly just to gauge general interest and provide an idea of what to focus on. After all, there's no point making a pack focused around large-scale PvP battles if there wouldn't be enough players willing to try it out. The pack developer's decision on what to do should not necessarily be dependent on public opinions, but it can certainly help influence it.

9. pinkbrick

pinkbrick Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:37 AM
    Hello! My IGN is pinkbrick and I just wanted to express my excitement regarding the whole concept of a RPG modded minecraft server! Kiiyuka's vision is a dream come true for me :D, but I haven't seen any additional posts about this for a couple of weeks, and I'm wondering if this is still moving forward, or did the discussion move to another location? Please don't let this die! Hugs and Kisses for Everyone!

10. The_Icy_One

Local Time:
    I think a lot of discussion may have been halted as a result of the survey, the results of which are coming about whenever that lazy icy guy puts them out.

11. Kiiyuka

Kiiyuka Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Hello Pinkbrick! Im glad you like the idea. I have mentioned it few times on the infinity server, but don't think you weren't on then xD Wyndman gave my idea an official "MyM Involvement", but they are currently busy with Divine Journey and MyM Skies so it will probably take a while before this lovely thing is moved. The discussion was pretty much stopped because the survey was taking place in a different thread, so the whole thing is a bit of a mess... But! Dont worry, I think the RPG server is in the back of a lot of people's minds~

The_Icy_One and dubhnoir like this.
  12. The_Icy_One

Local Time:
    TomboyEnthusiast likes this.
  13. wyndman

Local Time:
    I think the thread was just temporarily derailed with the survey. With DJ rolled out it's just a matter of finishing mymskies for me, and getting a feel for what we're going to need to create for the modpack from scratch.

The_Icy_One likes this.
  14. The_Icy_One

Local Time:
    Oopsy.

I actually got a little headstart on this, and made a little mod over Modoff which could be quite handy if regenerating structures are needed ;)

15. pinkbrick

pinkbrick Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:37 AM
    Hello! It’s me again, pinkbrick :D

I’m not sure where we’re at in the development stage of the new server, but I have a quick idea I’d love to throw out for community comment that I believe will enhance the roleplaying aspect of the RPG server. If it’s too late to submit suggestions, then please ignore the following…

A mechanic I really enjoy that encourages players to interact closely with one another in pubs, at festivals, during wedding ceremonies, while dining at restaurants, or resting at hostels (aka roleplaying situations), is a local area chat plugin in which players can see the chat of others ONLY if their avatar is in close proximity to another. Shouting and screaming extends that range, while whispering keeps the most private of messages private, and as such can only be overheard within a block or two. Installing this plugin would help foster the development of towns and community centers like taverns or great halls. General chat has a cool down so if someone really needs to get the attention of another they can, but it isn’t a way for peeps to carry on a conversation if they are on opposite sides of the map. Likewise, to encourage avatars to speak face-to-face with one another in true role-playing fashion, the private message command would need to be disabled as well.

Let me know if this idea sucks or not, but regardless hugs and kisses for everyone!

FYI It took every ounce of my being not to turn all this text into pink! ;P

16. The_Icy_One

Local Time:
    It might actually be interesting to extend that idea by using the voice chat plugin that makes audio in a voip server dependent on the players' positions in world.