1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Info Screen Shots

Discussion in 'Tutorials, Tips and Tricks' started by BookerTheGeek, Oct 26, 2014.

1. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    12:01 AM
    This will inform you on how to get screenshots you take in game and how/where to place them so you can use them on the forums on anywhere else! Instructions will be separated by launcher. These instructions assume you have a basic understanding of computers. These are for a Windows environment. More launchers will be added as I get the chance. Please know that the "Screenshot" folder will not appear until you actually take a screenshot!

• Step One: Take a screenshot.
      • To take a screenshot, press F2 (default key, may be changed in the configs)
      • Hide your hud by pressing F1 to take a cleaner screenshot of buildings or machine setups.

• MYM Launcher
      • Start the MyM launcher.
      • Right click on the modpack you were playing when you took the screenshot.
      • Select "View Screenshots"
    • FTB Launcher
      • Do you know your install folder? It is listed in the option tab of the launcher.
      • Open windows explorer (not internet explorer) and go to the install folder for FTB.
      • Open the folder called Instances
      • Open the folder of the modpack you were playing when you took the screenshot.
      • Pictures are stored in the subfolder "Screenshots"
    • ATLauncher
      • Open the ATLauncher
      • Select the "Instance" tab
      • Scroll to the pack in question and select "Open Folder"
    • Technic Launcher
      • Open windows explorer (not internet explorer) and in the address bar type without quotes "%appdata%"
      • Open the folder folder named ".techniclauncher"
      • Open the folder of the modpack you were playing when you took the screenshot.
    • So know you have your screenshot, what to do with them? There are many free image uploading sites on the internet. I prefer imgur, but there are many online and feel free to choose your own.
    • Once you have uploaded the image to your image sharing site of choice, link the image to your forum post or bug report. Have fun!
    • Also, please be aware that linking to images stored on your computer, in a bug report or in a forum post, will not work as your computer is not the internet. For it to work you need to upload the screenshot and share that link, not the one on your computer.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
    Slind and cbrozak like this.
  2. Auvreaeath

Auvreaeath Active Member

Local Time:
    What if I don't know what button takes the screenshot? Then I've just missed the important step.

Good guide though and should come in handy for many o' players!

BookerTheGeek likes this.
  3. chaosblad3

chaosblad3 Very Well-Known Member Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    6:01 AM
    You could do that... or you could do this:
    screenshots.
    much quicker :p[DOUBLEPOST=1414350977,1414349572][/DOUBLEPOST]I'd also just like to point out that probably the easiest way to post a screenshot for any modpack that includes voxelmenu, is via the in-game post to imgur command:

4. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    I'll update the post with the easier instructions for mym next time I'm on a computer. Also did noy know thay about voxel posting straight to imgur.[DOUBLEPOST=1414386223,1414381270][/DOUBLEPOST]@chaosblad3 Please feel free to update the main post with the voxel option, as i have no idea on how to do it.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
  5. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    1:01 AM
    great way ingame, pull up resource packs go back 1 tag in your folders thing then go to screenshots and voila!

6. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    7:01 AM
    just because it fits. I can recommend the free (without ads) open source powerful screenshot program Greenshot with instant imgur upload and integrated editor.

7. Lawmonark

Lawmonark Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Also when posting the Pic, Don't click on the picture then copy the IP ....lol
    Use the links provided on Imgur on the right hand side: You can copy and paste that line in directly. see the line location below
    [​IMG]

Lets hoped that worked, because the reason im posting this is until yesterday i was also doing it wrong... :happy:

8. Mijikai

Mijikai Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Or you can just click on the picture and then click the link, and it also gives you the BBCode
    I find that faster after something's uploaded..

9. Lawmonark

Local Time:
    thats what i was doing but no one was able to see my pics, they would show up as removed

10. Mijikai

Mijikai Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    First step -
    [​IMG]
    Second step -
    [​IMG]
    Third step -
    [​IMG]

11. Lawmonark

Local Time:
    Thats exactly how i used to do it, but when i did it that way, the picture would become removed or deleted.

12. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    The thing is that imgur has multiple urls that work. One is a bit shorter and does load the picture on a normal site and the other one is a direct url to the picture. Only the direct one does work when embedding pictures. If the other one would be embedded it would be an iframe or similar which would vulnerable be to abuse, by the content of the site not only being a picture.
    I do recommend the use of an advanced screenshot capture program like Greenshot that does allow a direct upload to imgur. Using it is than as simple as doing the screenshot and waiting for the upload, once done the direct link is already inside the clipboard and can be posted by "ctrl" + "v"..