1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Second Enigmatica node?

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by SirWill, Dec 28, 2018.

?

What would you be more interested in?

Poll closed Jan 4, 2019.
  1. Second Enigmatica 2: Expert server

40 vote(s)
    51.3%
  2. Enigmatica 2: Expert Skyblock

29 vote(s)
    37.2%
  3. Enigmatica 2: Normal

15 vote(s)
    19.2%
  4. Completely different modpack

8 vote(s)
    10.3%
  5. Potato

9 vote(s)
    11.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. deepcage

deepcage Captain Obvious has entered the building!

Local Time:
    2:59 PM
    I think we should have staff consider to make a seperate node for Patrons / Donators / Regular players. Because both Patrons AND Legacy donators on the same node is exactly the problem we are having right now. Split up 3 groups over 3 nodes (and if possible migrate bases or at the very least player inventories to the new nodes.

2. Vouch

Vouch Trash

Local Time:
    1:59 PM
    Yeah but then that's splitting up the community a bit.

If the first node is causing continuous problems then upper staff should definitely consider a second node.

3. dragon87tamer

dragon87tamer Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:59 PM
    in the last week, we have had an average of about 21-22 players on enigmatica...thats a minimum of 3 players over on a average count. The main issue we have with this is that ok, lets say for example out of the 18 max player count for this node, we have at least 10 patrons with limit bypass, and 10 legacys with limity bypass, already thats 2 over this limit, If by a luck/chance, a non-patron or non-legacy gets on, they play for around 2-3 hours, log off for 20 mins to go do some irl stuffs (eat/toilet..etc) come back to see its already maxed out, and cant login in because the limit has been maxed for this server...
    1) this royally sucks for them and gets them annoyed/frustrated coz they really wanna play this pack.
    2)makes them a)consider buying patron...b) makes them consider this server is useless (its not...just example) coz it makes it seem that they only care about those who pay money..(IE pay-to-win)
    this is not fair on all parties involved, server/players/payers/non-payers...
    Those who pay have no more rights to play then those who dont pay (its just they can purchase a tier to bypass limit)
    which also makes it that much more unfair on those who choose not to pay...or cant.. school kids/unemployed/sick/etc...
    having multiple nodes for say patron/legacy and for non-patron/legacy would benefit all. Yeah i understand its going to have an extra cost for MYM financially but if u have a node for non-legacys/non-patron, and only allow them access to it, and another node for legacys/patrons, and make them use that, it would be beneficial for EVERYONE. But that aside, this is all just my opinion... im also a legacy and a current Patron tier 2. (patron wont be for long, im broke XD )

Fireforce likes this.
  4. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:59 AM
    Patrons generously donate to the network to ensure that we can maintain a network to play on, so yes they are rewarded for their generosity by being able to log on to a server that has hit its cap. Forcing our patrons to play on a separate node from players only results in unhappy patrons as they are limited to who they can play with outside of the use of their friend pass.

As a Tier 3 patron I'd be rightfully angry is someone told me to pack up my stuff and leave the server so a non patron can play. This was an issue we addressed at the launch of stoneblock, and sky adventures having patrons leave to make room for players.

Fairness is a matter of perception, these hamsters require food and water, they do not run on magic and wishes. MyM moved to a Patron option to ensure the sustainability of the network, what you see is unfair, may be interpreted differently from those who are actively ensuring there is a server to play on.

5. Fireforce

Fireforce Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    i wouldnt mind a Patron Node but still not barring the Option to paying on the Non patron Node if i had a non patron freind to base whit
    tho i Do feel very Royal about my title :)

6. AyeItsKatieMC

AyeItsKatieMC Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:59 AM
    I like the idea but what if a patron and non patron are or want to play together on the same node. It wouldn't be fair to the people who want to play with the patrons but couldn't since the node that patrons would be on would be patron only, Also it wouldn't be fair to non-patrons if the current server was made patron only and they already started a base and vice versa

7. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
  8. deepcage

deepcage Captain Obvious has entered the building!

Local Time:
    So we patrons pay to support the network and what do we get, servers that will be overcrowded in less than 2 days by non-patrons and mostly legacy tier donators who can override the server cap.

Maybe we should change the legacy tier override option to say Legacy Tier 4 and 5 only? I know it sounds unfair for the 1-2-3 tiers, but if we dont adress that issue at some point, it wont matter how many new nodes open. People will flood servers as soon as they open for the non-patron public and tps will plummet.