1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Server crash! Possibly SMT-related?

Discussion in 'Galactic Science' started by theMineMaster2, Nov 5, 2015.

1. theMineMaster2

theMineMaster2 New Member

Local Time:
    1:21 PM
    Very recently, the Galactic Science server crashed... right as I finished creating a star with a decent amount of fire. Currently, the server is still down, waiting for someone to flip it back on again.

Of course, it is possible that something else caused the crash, but right now I think we all want the server back up, right?

Edit: Server's back up.
    Edit: It happened again. Exact same circumstances. I think I found a really bad bug here.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
  2. harryboase

harryboase Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:21 PM
    Just to add, HQM has been disabled and needs to be turned back on. Thanks

3. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    wait, the HQM LIVES were disabled? or the mod? btw, plz make a separate thread for different issues

4. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    7:21 PM
    Does it still crash when you join?

5. theMineMaster2

theMineMaster2 New Member

Local Time:
    No, it only happens at the moment the star is finished absorbing the fire, and only crashes the server, not the client. After rejoining the server, the Heart of Star that was being used is gone.

Good news though: this only occurs when using a rather large amount of fire during star creation (I was using 7 9x9 platforms of lit netherrack- removing one stopped the crashing), so stars can still be created as normal. However, anyone may stumble upon this bug in the future.