1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decided Against Set thaumcraft back to normal mode, (see my reasons before naysaying)

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by chugga_fan, Sep 26, 2015.

?

Do you w ant it easy mode or normal mode?

1. Normal ofc

26 vote(s)
    57.8%
  2. Easy mode, the minigame sucks to do

19 vote(s)
    42.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    1:40 AM
    Yes, it's ironic, it's called "easy" mode because people consider the minigame to be difficult (for no reason lol)

julio1237878 likes this.
  2. julio1237878

julio1237878 Game enthusiastic

Local Time:
    10:40 PM
    Easy mode= No need to do minigame but with the downside that everything needs more aspects now

Normal mode= You need to do the minigame but it does not need as many points as Easy mode

Btw Chugga i love that quote of yours :)

3. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    my signature? it's there for a reason ;)

4. julio1237878

Local Time:
    Not that the one in your previous post but lets not get off track :)

5. DaBoss2231

DaBoss2231 Active Member

Local Time:
    i prefer normal, since i actually enjoy playing the research minigame, and about everything needs a lot more aspects than usual.

6. knoxz

knoxz Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:40 AM
    just spend a good hour in the deep dark and you have all the aspects you need.
    1 node every 10 sec. (most times you are way faster.)
    5-10 primal aspecs per node.
    this are 30-60 per minute
    this is 1800 - 3600 aspects for 1 hour farm...

thats enough to clear 50% of the book
    2 hours to clear it all.
    Done it yesterday.

Way faster then doing a stupid minigame.
    Also I dont think chugga will do a minigame in the near future. He is just doing this to troll.

profrags likes this.
  7. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    time to do each minigame sheet for me round 5-10 seconds per, for even the largest, for starting out you are talking in a farm, you're also talking about flying around in the deep dark, which is dangerous at best if you aren't taking your time to light up everything, you're also probably at least 2/3 done with thaumcraft by that point so why is so good? also the "
    Way faster then doing a stupid minigame.
    Also I dont think chugga will do a minigame in the near future. He is just doing this to troll." so I recently completed the thaumonomicon on DW20 which has thaumcraft on NORMAL mode (no one has complained, and please, don't change it, I don't like having other's chosings forced onto any servers/groups that haven't asked for it at all) so what about that? also editing this in, try to not use ad-hominid arguments, because that doesn't add to the discussion

8. knoxz

knoxz Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:40 AM
    so you want to spend more time on it?
    even if you take only 5-10 seconds per research it would still be faster on easy mode.
    Sure you only spend half the aspects. you still have to farm then.

There is no way you clear the book if you start from scratch in normal mode with like 3 addons.
    its doable in easymode.

9. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    half? half? i spend nearly 1/10th the ordo in normal mode on the harder ones, and do you want me to prove it to you? I'm not seeing what you're talking about, but yes, I still have to farm for ordo even though i'm using less, but i don't have to stand waiting for my cultists to die for hours on end...

julio1237878 likes this.
  10. julio1237878

Local Time:
    You know another issue i see with Easy Mode that not everyone has the time to go around for hours to collect aspects i could complete the whole Thaumcraft research in 3 or 6 hours but with easy those hours i have spend it close to a knowledge fragment farm and i have done the minigame in each pack and thats the only thing i find fun i did't get bored of doing it

11. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    12:40 AM
    Easy mode = No mini game
    Normal = Less base aspects needed

Really, I like easy mode. I could go on and say many things on why it's better, but then so can chugga_fan go on about how normal mode is better.

Why did we go into easy mode in the first place? Because for "most" players easy mode is quicker, and as the name says, easier. Why? Because most players don't memorize the aspects and what make them and what they make.

And realistically, look how many individual people have posted here. And how many people play on the server in question. I'm assuming everybody who plays on the server and does not vote is fine with the way it is. Only us forum Hobbits are here otherwise. ;)

All that being said, this is about ease of use. And about specific people wanting it easier for them, even tho most of the players are fine with it the way it is.

If we are being brutally honest here, it is quicker for me on easy mode because I don't use a program to show me the aspect chains from the mini game. Others do or have the chains memorized.

We need to do what is best for the server and not just the few of us that troll the forums.

12. julio1237878

Local Time:
    Booker only 1 side of the party got what the wanted and what about us the ones that enjoy the normal mode are we going to be force to play on easy because other want it that way.....

13. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    Ok, i understand this, but there's two researches you can get so you don't have to memorize the aspects, this thread could always be broadcast on all the servers, which would grab more peoples attention and therefore have a fairer vote, and yes, i do believe we could go on and on together still about which is better, but more of the community input would be needed for a finalized decision

14. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    True. I did by the way put in a request for players to be able to select when opening the book for the first time what mode they waht, dependant upon server configs.

15. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    If azanor does add that, it would be an awesome compromise, otherwise... we're stuck with this thread asking for the 2nd time

16. FlareArrow

FlareArrow Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    While both arguments are valid and working solutions, there is NEVER any reason that I should be FORCED to use items/dimensions/machines from another mod in order to complete one that is completely self contained. With base thaumcraft alone, there's only really one even slightly reasonable way to gain the aspects required, that being crafting tables in a deconstruction table. Of course, this is a method that takes hours upon hours to do, and isn't very reasonable without autoclickers. Given that autoclickers are and always will be against the rules, that takes out almost every decent way to complete easy mode.

DaBoss2231 and chugga_fan like this.
  17. Chetwynd

Chetwynd Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:40 AM
    Unless someone who has knowledge on mods can make a plugin/mod which allows the user to specify which route they want to take?[DOUBLEPOST=1443299093][/DOUBLEPOST]Preferably Plugin.

18. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    I don't believe mods are that easily hookable into in plugins, and it is a general server side config atm, which means thaumcraft's code would be required to be edited.... soo....

19. Chetwynd

Chetwynd Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:40 AM
    Yeah thats what i was thinking. But it would be quite nice if there was an option for the player to select what route they want to take. Might be worth suggesting to the thaumcraft author.

20. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    bother to read up 3 posts chet? lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.