1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Sky Factory 3 Server now Open

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Slind, Jan 5, 2017.

1. PhishTahkoh

PhishTahkoh Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    1:33 AM
    I don't think Colossal Chests are the issue so much as the size of them, from what I have researched, anything more than 7x7x7 seriously impacts the server, especially when connected to Refined Storage. I currently have mine hooked up to 7x7x7 Colossal Iron Chest and am having no TPS issues, in fact, TPS is at a nice 16.15 at the time of writing. It's the individuals with a 9x9x9 or 16x16x16 that's bogging the server down.

Setting up a Colossal Chest with more than one interface WILL crash the server, and that bug has been reported.

2. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    8:33 AM
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
    tyler489 likes this.
  3. tyler489

tyler489 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:33 AM
  4. krucked

krucked Active Member

Local Time:
    2:33 AM
    that is crazy how bad it is i loged on another server and they disabled passive mob spawns and allowing only the curse earth i guess maybe that could be something to do help solve issue for now ? just a idea

5. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    mob spawn works just fine?

6. krucked

krucked Active Member

Local Time:
    they was saying something with the sponge and mobs that was spawning in players mob farms was causing alot issues so they limited to 1 mob farm at spawn for players to use but they also baned weird stuff like tosing redstone and compressed cobble n stuff being placed

7. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    Ahh I thought you were talking about our server.

There is a dupe with redstone and compressed cobble.

8. krucked

krucked Active Member

Local Time:
    oh i'm just curious why not update to 3.0.4 where most this stuff is fixed i watched darkosto pertty much everday sence release and he's fixed so much with this pack could solve alot issues like he's removed last cable becouse it's buggy and fixed huge amount of performance issues like memory leak and and minecraft using way more ram then that is dedicated to it some crash fixes to

9. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:

Was 3.0.4 released before or after this tweet?

10. krucked

krucked Active Member

Local Time:
    it was after that tweet i updated to 3.0.2 then next day 3.0.4 and 3.0.4 been out what 3 days now i think

the loot bag thing may of been when he removed the legendary and ancient loot bags from loot table there was a issue with them as well as the blue ones to that all been removed besides lendary you just have craft up to them and there was wings of the bat in epic bags basicaly given players creative flight that was def not intended to be there just some items to make it[DOUBLEPOST=1484050748,1484049863][/DOUBLEPOST]this might be the live stream of that day of fixes it's the 5th day before that tweet

Slind likes this.
  11. Marty91

Marty91 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    That was tweeted as they rolled out 3.0.3 i was live in Slowpokes Twitch Channel at the time. They brought a Hotfix 30mins later ago. The Problem was the config file from Lootbags which caused servercrashes when the removed artifical Bags was thrown in the world.

Edit:

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  12. Darkstardragon

Darkstardragon Active Member

Local Time:
    7:33 AM
    i cant join the server and don't know why. I'm using the MYM launcher so any help would be much appreciated

13. bigbluu722

bigbluu722 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Please create a thread in support forum with details relating to your issue and a crash-report, if there is one.
    -V

14. coolgi3000

coolgi3000 Logician of the gods

Local Time:
    Maybe there should just be some kind of announcement about allocated RAM since A ton of people have the same problem with 1.10, caused by not enough RAM.

15. Mouro

Mouro Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:33 AM
    Well, when you "crash" because of the memory, one of the first lines says "Out of memory" and it's pretty easy to understand.

16. BanananaBread

BanananaBread The W̴̬̔̂i̴̝͇̇̚l̷͈̾̍l̷̨̋͠ǒ̴̫͝w̴̫̬̍͛

Local Time:
    11:33 PM
    What is this, im late for skyfactory 3!!!!!!!

17. smolki14

smolki14 Active Member

Local Time:
    No, Skyfactory is early for you ;)

18. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    11:33 PM
    or, the Illuminati has tricked you into believing skyfactory 3 is real... o.o

19. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    Thank you for the info. Unfortunately the new version, still isn't recommended. We always stick to recommend where possible.

20. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    We just updated to 3.0.4, please let us know about all new and persistent issues. We got so many reports about so many issues that is nearly impossible to keep track of them all.

Marty91 and BanananaBread like this.