1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So about those Discord roles...

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by mrminesheeps, Nov 19, 2020.

1. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    8:09 PM
    So this post is in reference to a previous one from about a year ago: Decided Against - Give Legacy Tier Donors a Discord Rank | MineYourMind Community
    The reason it was denied was not because staff didn't want to, but because of the potential repercussions from Mojang. However, these are no longer an issue, hence why I'm here to ask about it now. So here's the question if you don't feel like giving that post a read:
    Would it be possible for there to be a rank for Legacy Tier owners on Discord giving us a different color than that of the basic "Registered User" Green? It wouldn't be anything special outside of cosmetics, but it'd be a cool little feature to add since it's now possible :) Plus, legacy donors would get some degree of recognition in Discord :p

It's all just a thought, and I know SirWill made an off-mention of it being potentially revisited at one point, but I wanted to make this post so that thought doesn't get lost or forgotten :) Here's hoping!

-Mrminesheeps

2. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    9:09 PM
    Just out of curiosity, what colors were you thinking?

3. Gabezetrainboy4

Gabezetrainboy4 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Logically thinking, they would be the color of the existing + that are associated with each tier:
    [​IMG]

BookerTheGeek likes this.
  4. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:09 AM
    Sr. mod have same colour as Tier3
    also jr.mods are kinda to close to tier1 imo

5. Willshaper

Willshaper Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    5:09 AM
    As Ereh said, the current Tier colors won't work very well with the ones we use at the moment.

They would look like the following:

Tier 1 ~ Jr Mod
    Tier 2 ~ Booster
    Tier 3 ~ Sr. Mod
    Tier 4 ~ Patron 1/2/3 and Consultant

sp33draft likes this.
  6. Gabezetrainboy4

Gabezetrainboy4 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Ah, yeah. I didn’t consider that. A workaround would be adding a tag that doesn’t take color precedence but that defeats the intention of the original suggestion, as the names won’t change color.

7. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    I'd say maybe a tier of colors unrelated to staff/etc. coloring, perhaps a set of tiered blues? I dunno, I didn't consider that they were so similar to staff coloring.