1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So you want to kill a chaos dragon?

Discussion in 'Tutorials, Tips and Tricks' started by SirStudMuffin, Jan 22, 2016.

1. SirStudMuffin

SirStudMuffin Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:41 AM
    This is by no means an easy feat. Why you may ask? the chaos dragons crystals keep it heal and as you cantdestroy them well theres your problem. But this doesnt make him unkillable.
    you can either
    1. Spam him with arrows hoping they do enough damage between heals
    or
    2. Hopefully and lucky obtain the Epolatry sword that does 2500 base heart dmage before upgrades and follow him to hit him between charges.
    Or the hardest option:
    3. Kite him all the way to the otter rings and unleash hell on him there.
    Hes not impossible to kill, just improbable
    Which ever way you choose I wish you luck as it's an extremely hard and painful boss. And trust me when I say this: HE HEALS FROM DEAD CRYSTALS OR NON EXSISTANT ONES.
    Have fun adventurers

Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
  2. chaosblad3

chaosblad3 Very Well-Known Member Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    You can destroy the healing crystals, just not when they are shielded (they gain an invulnerable red shield for 30 seconds iirc, each time they are hit), so when the shield wears off you can attack them again, and simply rinse and repeat going round the island to each one until eventually they're all destroyed.

The real trick is staying alive long enough to take all the crystals out, which you need full draconic armour for, and even then that will only protect you for so long unless you also have some draconic capacitors to keep the armour charged, and ideally some notch apples to keep your health replenished as sometimes the dragon can do enough damage in a quick burst that even a full set of the armour alone can't keep up.

So not even improbable really just kinda hard :p

3. SirStudMuffin

Local Time:
    You can't kill the crystals as they sit there with 0 HP plus when I was fighting him with Krole he appeared to teleport around abit and healed from crystals that weren't even there[DOUBLEPOST=1453451298][/DOUBLEPOST]I even tried it in single player and they sat there at 0HP so

4. chaosblad3

Local Time:
    A crystal with 0hp IS dead and won't heal the dragon, however the "dead" crystals can come back to life after a while if you don't kill the dragon quickly enough.

Also there is a bug that can cause some of the live crystals to go invisible making them impossible to kill, however if you fly far enough away from the island for it to unload and then go back again they will sometimes reappear.

profrags likes this.
  5. SirStudMuffin

Local Time:
    But it did heal, multiple times when all the crystals were dead he still healed[DOUBLEPOST=1453453590][/DOUBLEPOST]I tested it in both single and multiplayer and the crystals don't die. According to someone the crystals count as an entity not a block idk I'm just saying what I've experience when I tried it yesterday. Have a go yourself and see if you get the same result

6. chaosblad3

Local Time:
    I've successfully killed several of them already on Infinity expert node 1, like I said, when the crystal is on 0 hp it IS considered to be dead, even though it doesn't actually despawn (the ring around the crystal stops spinning and drops down when the crystal is dead), but a dead crystal should not be able to heal the dragon at all UNLESS you take too long and it comes back to life.

I should point out though, that the chaos dragon is capable of healing itself (albeit slowly) even when all the crystals are dead, if it goes long enough without taking damage, and when the dragons health drops below 1/3 it will also randomly re-activate at least one dead crystal, so if you don't find and kill it quickly then the dragon can quickly start to heal up again from that crystal.

Don't get me wrong, I know exactly what you are talking about, a lot of it is down to the invisible crystals bug, as the dragon will heal off the phantom crystals just fine even though you can't attack them, but like I said, if you leave the island and let it unload, when you go back the phantom crystals will sometime reappear, so leave and come back enough times and eventually it should be possible to kill the remaining crystals.

Most of the bugs with the crystals are fixed in the latest version of DE, so we should be able to update to it on all our servers eventually!

7. SirStudMuffin

Local Time:
    I see you are on about Inifinity when I'm on about ozone xD

8. chaosblad3

Local Time:
    Hmmn yeah, I thought they were both running the same version of DE, but apparently not.. weird thing is that Ozone is already using version 1.0.2 snapshot 9, which is the version that the crystal bugs are supposed to be fixed in :/

9. SirStudMuffin

Local Time:
    Strange o_O but i can assure you it isnt XD[DOUBLEPOST=1453458699][/DOUBLEPOST]@Krole69

10. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    11:41 PM
    I wanna kill a chaos dragon, but at the same time i don't, i wanna for the achievment, but i don't wanna try to kill it, because i'm worried I'll lose all my draconic gear xD there's a reason i'm waiting to get a bunch of soulbound

11. Mouro

Mouro Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Sky Factory still have a old version of Drac. Evo. (1.0.1 RC 5) thanks Bacon, the fight there is pretty easy.

profrags likes this.
  12. ben_mkiv

ben_mkiv Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:41 AM
    to stay alive it's useful to take some big capacitors with you which keep your armor charged and some potions for regen

with that it's quite easy to kill him. (don't know about expert, but i killed a bunch of them on infinity normal)

soul bound is easy to archive, make a enderio enchanter to craft your first book, and use bibliocraft to make copys of that ;)

13. SirStudMuffin

Local Time:
    It may be easy on infinity as everyone says but my god, its not on ozone unless its been fixed

14. ben_mkiv

ben_mkiv Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:41 AM
    just tried to help someone with the dragon, and current infinity has the crystal shield, too. so it takes more time to kill it ;/

15. SirStudMuffin

Local Time:
    @Ben85 the problem with ozones chaos dragon is that the things that help him regen his health cannot be killed thus making it a very very very hard fight

16. Draykan1024

Draykan1024 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:41 AM
    Have you all tried a signalum crossbow with enderium arrows? Probably have, but 100 hearts of damage is always fun

17. SirStudMuffin

Local Time:
    Moves too fast for them in ozone

18. tyler489

tyler489 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:41 AM
    2 shots with epolatcy

19. SirStudMuffin

Local Time:
    If you can get past shield

20. Draykan1024

Draykan1024 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:41 AM
    Too fast for bolts that are pretty much instantaneous and can fire at machine gun speed? I mean, .25 seconds per bolt that does 100 hearts is insane.